Business & Investing
Sponsored by

UPS Store Franchise

2,529 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TXTransplant
LRHF
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody have a UPS Store Franchise?
Harkrider 93
AG
I knew of two individuals.

One lost money over a 13 yr time frame. You can say he broke even if you count his salary into the mix, but he worked around 70 hrs/week.

The other fared better because he had two. He didn't have to work as much and made about 100k/yr. I don't know if he sold them or still owns it.

For me, I didn't want any part of it.
500,000ags
AG
I went into one and asked to get something laminated. The owner was way to happy about that lamination order to be making a ton of money.
Agswinning
A former client of mine owns 2 or 3 of them. He said it was all about the location. He had 1 store that netted him about 100k a year and the others were much less although profitable. He didn't work in them day to day because he owned a motorcycle dealership. He said they were pretty easy to run once you have the right people in place.
UmustBKidding
Know guy in college station that has two and wants to sell and retire. Know he has not had to give up eating and pretty sure its his only income.
selk
AG
How much?
jagvocate
AG
"He didn't work in them day to day"

LRHF
AG
Appreciate the feedback. Anybody willing to put me in direct contact?

Cory.mckee74@gmail.com

lockett93
AG
selk said:

How much?

Search on bizbuysell.com they are listed there
Bocephus
AG
Maybe I'm thinking of FedEx kinkos, but I remember a WSJ article awhile back where a whole lot of franchisees were frustrated about blowing their life savings on a model that was not profitable. I would advise to be very cautious.
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
TXTransplant
I have two friends that own a store (one of them might own two, I'm not sure). All of them are in The Woodlands.

One friend I'm pretty sure let's her sons run the business day to day.

The other works 6 days a week just about from opening to close. She will tell you how hard it is to find reliable help, which is why she ends up working at the store so much. She's one of the busiest people I know, and it's definitely taken a toll on her personal life, especially this time of year. She's also owned the store for over 20 years.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.