Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Any Company owners on here that sell on Amazon.com or other online marketplaces?

3,508 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by nosoupforyou
nosoupforyou
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would love to talk for 10 minutes about it.

I'm actually in the process of creating an Online Marketplace - not to compete with Amazon - but we do want to know their experience to ensure we're handling some things well.

Really appreciate any help here - please reply or PM me if you are an owner or know one who would be willing to chat.

Our Marketplace will be focused on direct-to-sell companies, authentic brands (no knockoffs) and eliminating seller fees - it's a good story and these calls would be really helpful.

Thanks and gig'em

UPDATE- the website to gather Partners - To get Direct-to-Consumer companies signed up is pretty much done! Still more edits to make so we are not blasting it out yet... but I'd love anyone to check it out and share feedback on how we can make it batter.. as well as introductions to any companies you know of that I can talk to.

The Marketplace will launch this summer and it's called Skip The Middleman

www.SkipTM.com
Agswinning
I have a client who is in the process as well and needs product liability insurance for imported goods. Curious if anyone has run into that.
LOYAL AG
AG
My wife owns an eBay store where she resells clothing. She does a little on Poshmark as well but isn't a fan of their business model. It's a part time gig for her that generates about $10K in revenue annually. I'm her accountant and from a financial perspective know the business better than she does. I'm certain I'm willing to chat if that's interesting to you. If you want her perspective we'll have to work around her day job.
nosoupforyou
AG
that would be great - I'll PM you and see if we can find 15 minutes in the next week or so. Probably fine for just you so we don't have to bother her - but if a second call is needed, we can decide that later.

thank you - username checks out!
corndog04
AG
Not my day job but I pull low 6 figures revenue as a side-gig on Amazon. I definitely have a love-hate relationship with them.

I'm selling a few custom designs and some after-market replacement parts, all imported and under my own brand.

I'm happy to talk for a few if it helps you out. I don't have stars, any other way to get in touch with you?

nosoupforyou
AG
Em received
corndog04
AG
e-mail sent
nosoupforyou
AG
BUMP

The messaging is just about complete and the website will be ready this week so I can talk much more about it.. had 2 great conversations with the guys that responded above

anyone else know of a Direct-to-Consumer company that I can have a quick call with? Early Adopters will get in free for a while so it will be a win-win for both of us... thanks in advance!
deadbq03
AG
I can't help with your questions, but as a consumer I wish you well.

I utterly loathe wading through all the results from BS Chinese companies every time I try to purchase something on Amazon. I'm using different retailers whenever it's possible.
MaxB
My wife sells cosmetics on Amazon. To be honest, I was skeptical about this idea at first, but it turned out to be profitable. In my opinion, the first things the beginners worry about include fees and other expenses, storage, packing, and shipping. If the prices, fees, and other expenses depend on a seller and a trading platform, other points seem to be unclear. Having asked for the help of the experienced Amazon sellers, my wife found out about the FBA Prep Center and started working with it. They inspect, pack, label, and ship the products according to the Amazon requirements. It is very convenient. Maybe this info will be helpful for you.
administrative errors
nosoupforyou said:

BUMP

The messaging is just about complete and the website will be ready this week so I can talk much more about it.. had 2 great conversations with the guys that responded above

anyone else know of a Direct-to-Consumer company that I can have a quick call with? Early Adopters will get in free for a while so it will be a win-win for both of us... thanks in advance!
im interested.

Coming soon:
AE Ventures - sooner than soon
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Physical and mental exercises
*Addiction services

Step 3: property found

Step 4: set date

Step 5: plan agenda for participants, food, logistics etc, integration and counseling post-experience

Step 6: long-term planning

I am amped.
nosoupforyou
AG
I tried to PM you.. no stars so no PM..

what does your business do?
administrative errors
Shoot me an email.
Coming soon:
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Addiction services

Step 5: plan agenda for participants, food, logistics etc, integration and counseling post-experience

I am amped.
Talon2DSO
AG
I'd be interested as well. We just started a clothing company (mycorvina.com) and would explore other platforms.
nosoupforyou
AG
Super cool brand and website you have.. I submitted a 'contact me' form

Hope to catch up when convenient for you
administrative errors
Im selling cannabinoid [hemp-based] products produced locally.

Theres too much bull**** on amazon with horrible chemistry or no cannabinoid content.
Coming soon:
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Addiction services

I am amped.
Talon2DSO
AG
Got it! My wife will reach out since she's managing that part of our business.

Thanks for the feedback! We hope it works out for us and the charities we're supporting. Plus the bamboo makes great fabric
black_ice
nosoupforyou
AG
nosoupforyou
AG

UPDATE- the website to gather Partners - To get Direct-to-Consumer companies signed up is pretty much done! Still more edits to make so we are not blasting it out yet... but I'd love anyone to check it out and share feedback on how we can make it batter.. as well as introductions to any companies you know of that I can talk to.

The Marketplace will launch this summer and it's called Skip The Middleman

www.SkipTM.com
RoccoDD
My husband and I have been selling quality used books on Amazon for just under eleven years.
nosoupforyou
AG
Cool!

My focus would be on the manufacturer of those books wanting to sell their books direct instead of through Amazon or any other middleman

Looks like you have found a nice little niche to go against Amazon and their fees and structure... great job
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.