Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Question regarding today's pull back...

4,124 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by aggiedaniel06
Post removed:
by user
Premium
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Assuming it follows the DOW evenly, that's a 2.85% change on $150K, or $4,275.

The real question is could you afford to let it go lower and could you wait it out more than one day? The last correction just took 6 months to complete.
ac04
nobody has any idea what the market is going to do in the short term IMO. what i would do in your shoes is try to predict how i'd react to the two negative scenarios that could occur here.

1) you don't sell and the market continues to dip
2) you do sell and the market rebounds tomorrow

which of those would be harder for you to stomach?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
ac04 said:

nobody has any idea what the market is going to do in the short term IMO. what i would do in your shoes is try to predict how i'd react to the two negative scenarios that could occur here.

for me its this. but thats me. but i also just do not sell on big sell off days either. i'm still holding ONTX for petes sake lol.
DRE06
AG
I wouldn't look at it as you lost a few thousand. You took a huge risk with money you needed for a big purchase in a toppy market and made out with a big gain. I'd sell now.
deadbq03
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

ac04 said:

for me its this. but thats me. but i also just do not sell on big sell off days either. i'm still holding ONTX for petes sake lol.
I think it's this for most people. Or to use a sports analogy, most people hate losing more than they love winning.

Given that this is for a home purchase, I'd pull the money out. Worst case, it goes back up and you can get right back in.
topher06
Sell and put all proceeds into TSLA calls expiring 9/4/2020 with a $450 strike. Conservatively, you should be able to buy 10 houses next week.
cjsag94
AG
"cut your losses". From 1 down day? We just finished a SINGLE MONTH with nearly 10% returns. One bad day and you call it cutting your losses? SMH.
Ulrich
If I could answer this question, my butler would be posting snarky comments on my behalf.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
the question is, how many of these stocks will get back to at least near the prices they were before? lets just assume we're talking about some blue chips only Apple, Amazon, AMD, Microsoft, etc....

you gota think they will get back to where they were yesterday within 3 months right? is that reasonable? (and I'm assuming another 3-4% drop tomorrow as well factored in).

so if that's the case, then aren't you better off just holding (even if there is another big drop tomorrow)?
RockOn
Sell now and be done with it. Feel fortunate you got the kind of run-up the last few months that we did.
SMM48
AG
2x sell it and be done with it. Congrats on the property.

94chem
If the $4000 matters that much, then you can't afford the real estate. Get out and quit playing with fire.

I got out a month ago for the same reason. Couldn't care less that the cash has been sitting there.
Premium
AG
RoyalOak00 said:

I need to liquidate some funds from my personal trading account this week for a real estate purchase (decided to get a bit more leveraged in physical assets). Should I just cut my losses and sell now or do you think we see a course reversal tomorrow?

And the amount is about $150,000 so it's fairly significant.

So did you sell?

Premium
AG
Premium said:

RoyalOak00 said:

I need to liquidate some funds from my personal trading account this week for a real estate purchase (decided to get a bit more leveraged in physical assets). Should I just cut my losses and sell now or do you think we see a course reversal tomorrow?

And the amount is about $150,000 so it's fairly significant.

So did you sell?

Hoping you sold?

aggieiniowa
AG
or did you hold through today and make a significant portion back?
Premium
AG
aggieiniowa said:

Or did you hold on and lose even more ?
Carlo4
AG
Premium said:

aggieiniowa said:

Premium
AG
Carlo4 said:

Premium said:

aggieiniowa said:

OP, we need to know
Premium
AG
Premium said:

Carlo4 said:

Premium said:

aggieiniowa said:

OP, we need to know

aggiedaniel06
AG
Turns out this thread was the official top. Well done OP, if you cashed out.

By the way, the Royal Oak Offshore is the favorite watch that I own.
RockOn
I've had this chart printed out and pinned to my wall ever since 2008. But these threads are also why I like dropping in to this place. You can always do a scan of the topics/posts and get a feel for where we're at in the cycle.

Diggity
AG
cool chart, but where the **** are we right now?
aggiedaniel06
AG
I'd say we are at #5-6. The real buying opportunities are when everyone is panicking and you have to cringe when hitting the buy button.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.