Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Refi Home Advice

861 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by permabull
SouthernRaisedYankee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I received an email from quicken loans on refi rates for 30 year fixed at 2.875 and 15 year fixed at 2.375.

I'm currently at 4.1
Home value est. 260K
Mortgage balance 157K
Credit 800+

Could anyone point me in the direction of someone to speak with to see if these rates are an option for me?

Thanks and gig'em!
wmitchell
AG
Don't use Quicken - their rates are higher typically. Contact Jay Hurst (sponsor of the real estate forum), Steve Bott (posts a ton), or someone on this forum and I can bet they beat their rates.

Usually published rates aren't what they will offer you.
Foamcows
AG
agree with previous post. We just locked down 15 year at 2.5%, 5k total in fees for everything.

For me it came down to taking the 5k in fees and dividing it by the amount of interest saved per month (~800 bucks) and it was a no brainer.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
Just wrapped up with Jay Hurst about a month ago and it was easy. He was very patient with my constant questions and great at clarifying anything I was confused on.

In the end, there were no surprises and everything ended up being pretty much what the original estimates were (a little better, IIRC).

Used him several years ago as well and had a great experience.
permabull
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.