Business & Investing
Sponsored by

LUV

48,609 Views | 271 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Player To Be Named Later
Ogre09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In at $35
Post removed:
by user
Bocaj
AG
in at $31
Aggie_2463
AG
I know a pilot for Southwest, they are still being paid but hasn't flown since 3/1. He's a senior pilot.

May not mean anything but he said avoid Delta and AA they will be filing bankruptcy, but LUV will be ok, and UAL (United) should be ok
Gordon McKernan
Didn't buy much but got in at 31.
Viper16
AG

Never, ever take investing advice from a pilot!
Martin Q. Blank
I don't see the amount of flyers changing even after the economy "opening."
Post removed:
by user
culdeus
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

I know a pilot for Southwest, they are still being paid but hasn't flown since 3/1. He's a senior pilot.

May not mean anything but he said avoid Delta and AA they will be filing bankruptcy, but LUV will be ok, and UAL (United) should be ok

Take a step back, at face value paying people to not work is unsustainable, no?
Coachbro20
U thinking price drops significantly after 4/24 earnings report? Was thinking of a 5/1 put order... what y'all think?
Post removed:
by user
62strat
AG
in 160 shares at $31.01.

Long term hold or me. They've been $45 or higher for 3+ years.
Aggie_2463
AG
culdeus said:

Aggie_2463 said:

Hey I'm not buying airlines. Not right now atleast.

Cyp0111
Still think too high all thinks relative.
Bocephus
AG
Waiting for 20s. Oh btw, bought round trip to Vegas for $90.
Ulrich
What caused them to rocket upward in late 2016? Right now we're just a little below their range in 2015-2016, and still way above where they were in 2012.
Carlo4
AG
Bocephus said:

I just saw this deal. Catching the last direct flight of the day is $45 one way. Nice!
62strat
AG
Carlo4 said:

Bocephus said:

I just saw this deal. Catching the last direct flight of the day is $45 one way. Nice!
Every domestic flight on frontier right now is $11 (that's a $.01 fare plus gov. taxes) every day of the week. You got hosed.
turfman80
AG
Wow....

Status & Companion Pass Benefits:

For our current A-List and A-List Preferred Members, we are extending your current earned status through December 31, 2021.

For our current Companion Pass Members, we are extending your current earned Companion Pass benefits through June 30, 2021.

For all Rapid Rewards Members, we recognize that your normal flying behavior has been interrupted, limiting progress you may have been making toward qualification for A-List, A-List Preferred, and Companion Pass. For that reason, we are giving all Rapid Rewards Members a "boost" of 15,000 tier qualifying points and 10 flight credits toward A-List and A-List Preferred status, and 25,000 Companion Pass qualifying points and 25 flight credits toward Companion Pass status.
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
Fightin2010
AG
Got this email this morning and was pretty pumped as I have both companion pass and a list. Companion pass alone was worth a couple thousand for me last year with the wife coming along for some trips. If I had to bet on an airline to come out of this thing it would be SW.
Carlo4
AG
I know quite a few who got in yesterday in the 30.XX range. Excited!
oldarmy1
AG
Intraday Head & Shoulder. See if it holds or fails. Since printing this intraday chart its come back but still above right shoulder lows.

Ogre09
AG
Doubling down at $30
AgEng06
AG
Got in at $28.50 yesterday.
5C
AG
In at 31.00
Bocephus
AG
Waiting for 19
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
reedsterg
AG
I got the email as well. Any idea when we'll get the points? I haven't seen them yet.
TecRecAg
AG
In at 29.56
TecRecAg
drewser95
AG
reedsterg said:

I got the email as well. Any idea when we'll get the points? I haven't seen them yet.

Not stock-related, but does anyone see any reason to not take advantage of the following?

Quote:

We have also added a new benefit for our valued Rapid Rewards Members. Those Members who have travel funds that are set to expire or funds that are created between March 1, 2020 and September 7, 2020 will have the option to convert those travel funds into Rapid Rewards points at the same rate you would be able to purchase a ticket with points today. We hope this provides our Members ultimate flexibility as Rapid Rewards points never expire, never have cancel or change fees (fare difference may apply), and you can redeem your points for anyone you choose.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Travel Information
JSKolache
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

culdeus said:

Aggie_2463 said:

Never buy airlines EVER
FrontPorchAg
JSKolache said:

Aggie_2463 said:

culdeus said:

Aggie_2463 said:

Never buy airlines EVER
I agree with this. What's the upside to LUV here. The last five years have an average stock price of around ~$50 and current yield is 2.5%. A return to the last five-year average is a 66% increase not including yield. I think you can find just as good stock with less risk.

Hell, WFC, which I have been critical of, has the same return, fewer headwinds, and a 7% yield.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
Bocephus
AG
It's the only airlines I trust. I bought it at 17 before the Wright amendment expired then sold in the 20s bc I got impatient. I then watched it climb to the 50s. A good company who regularly treats their employees well. Why not invest in that kind of business?
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
one MEEN Ag
AG
Airlines are just too happy to declare bankruptcy. I know Southwest is different but still. When the chips are down, they'll wipe out everything.
FrontPorchAg
A couple things:
I agree LUV is the best of the airlines. (I would actually say Delta does a great job as well.) but even well run businesses file for bankruptcy all the time. Sometimes there are forces at play greater than what a good company can withstand.

Buying at $17 is a lot different than buying at $30. At $17 you have a lot more upside and the reward might outweigh the risk. I'm simply pointing out that at we are at $30 there are other stocks with less risk and equal if not greater reward.

ETA: Good companies aren't a binary choice.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.