There's a great thread on the Disaster Loans on the COVID board, but I wanted to start another one and cross-post here so that people knew there were a few different programs emerging.

If you're a small employer, non-profit, or even self-employed, you NEED to look into the Payroll Protection Program (PPP). It's essentially a loan for 2 months of your payroll expenses that can be 100% forgiven as long as you maintain your payroll (ie, it's a grant).

Applications can be submitted as soon as tomorrow. It's first-come first-serve. There's talk the funds will run out. It'll be a zoo tomorrow but I wouldn't wait too long to get your stuff together.

What you'll need:
  • Your average payroll spend from 2019 (talk to your payroll provider)
  • You'll apply through your local bank if they are an SBA partner. Many banks are starting to set up site and send out notices. We use Chase Bank, here's their site.

A few notes and resources:

We put together a short video for our clients this morning. You can watch me talk through it here. We have a lot of small clients, so we've put together a roadmap on other resources that might be helpful too. As always, consult with your tax professional, blah blah blah--get an application in!