Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Best dividend stocks?

10,382 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by richardag
tam2002
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What are some of yalls favorites? Some that can stand up to times like these with a good yield and pretty safe?
Johnny Danger
AG
VZ, KO at this price, D, AVGO, PG, utilities (duk, D), PEP, ). Plenty others, those just come to mind.
Hendrix
AG
DOW
RDS.B
VZ
Johnny Danger
AG
Also, the drug stocks. MRK, PFE, JNJ now yields around 3%.
Baby Billy
AG
RDS B
VLO
CVX
WFC
PM
PFE
IGM
T
VZ
OMC
KO
ENB
JNJ
FrontPorchAg
I wouldn't buy now but some of the REITs are going to be looking really good in a couple of months. I like O because their number 1 lease is Walgreens who will be looking good through this mess. Still too early to buy.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
Hendrix
AG
JPM is yielding 4.25% these days. Another to consider.
Carlo4
AG
GLPI - gaming and leisure. 11% dividend at their $25 value right now.
McInnis 03
AG
Google dividend aristocrats and do a bit of diligence. You'll be glad you did.
Chipotlemonger
AG
TXN
Agvet12
AG
RDS.A? Isn't the tax better in the states as RDS.B?
Baby Billy
AG
Agvet12 said:

RDS.A? Isn't the tax better in the states as RDS.B?

Yes. My mistake
aggieiniowa
AG
Codi is one to look at
tk for tu juan
CMC
JSKolache
AG
Oil majors at todays prices
third deck
AG
I second the vote for O (Realty Income Corp).
Also known as "the monthly dividend company".
596 months of consecutive dividends. 90 consecutive quarterly increases. Current div ~ 6%. They have been paying consistent dividends longer than most on here have been alive. Very stable NNN leases to Walgreens, CVS and the like.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
AGNC
CIM
Post removed:
by user
proudaggie02
AG
JSKolache said:

Oil majors at todays prices
I'm a big EOG fan.
DRE06
AG
Reits would concern me right now.

Retail facing tons is small shop bankruptcies, especially in the restaurant space.

I think this will also have a meaningful impact in office space demand. My company has 20,000 employees and everyone goes into an office. There are already discussion that this will change how we work and it's likely that most will be working from home part time with an option to go into the office as needed.
GigEm81
AG
I think the oils are trades at best in this market. Too much debt and some already were borrowing to fund their dividends. Would only look at the integrateds here.

I like JNJ, PEP, JPM, the big defense cos, a few others.
FrontPorchAg
DRE06 said:

Reits would concern me right now.

Retail facing tons is small shop bankruptcies, especially in the restaurant space.

I think this will also have a meaningful impact in office space demand. My company has 20,000 employees and everyone goes into an office. There are already discussion that this will change how we work and it's likely that most will be working from home part time with an option to go into the office as needed.
I think the retail aspect of this is spot on. Not all of these REITs are going to make it. If you can find the ones that specialize in grocery stores, drug stores and large businesses like Home Depot who are staying open you are buying a good company at really low prices.

I'm torn on this whole work from home movement. I think office space will be depressed for a while but the truth is employees aren't as productive when they are at home than when they are at the office. I think that section might take longer to come back but I think it will.
Baby Billy
AG
Welltower REIT (WELL) is about 60% off it's high. They invest in healthcare infrastructure and pay a 8.5% dividend yield.
FrontPorchAg
ehrmantraut said:

Welltower REIT (WELL) is about 60% off it's high. They invest in healthcare infrastructure and pay a 8.5% dividend yield.
I just looked them up. A lot of their healthcare infrastructure is retirement homes.
FrontPorchAg
Here is Realty Income Corps top 20 leasees:

Walgreens*6.1%
7-Eleven*4.8%
Dollar General*4.4%
FedEx*4.0%
Dollar Tree / Family Dollar*3.5%
LA Fitness 3.4%
AMC Theaters3.0%
Regal Cinemas (Cineworld) 2.9%
Walmart / Sam's Club* 2.6%
Sainsbury's (Grocery) 2.4%
Lifetime Fitness 2.1%
Circle K (Couche-Tard)* 1.9%
BJ's Wholesale Clubs1.8%
CVS Pharmacy*1.7%
Treasury Wine Estates1.7%
SuperAmerica (Marathon)* 1.6%
Kroger* 1.6%
GPM Investments / Fas Mart1.4%
TBC Corp* 1.3%
Home Depot*

The bolded companies are the ones that have been shut down during quarantine.

ETA: I think a headwind for most REITs is that a lot of commercial retail leases take a percentage of tenant sales under the rent agreement. I think some REITs will not survive.
Spudman
AG
GigEm81 said:

I think the oils are trades at best in this market. Too much debt and some already were borrowing to fund their dividends. Would only look at the integrateds here.

I like JNJ, PEP, JPM, the big defense cos, a few others.
Agreed on oil. Where is the demand going to come from? Most smaller guys will just keep producing and losing $10/bbl as it's cheaper than capping wells.

The big boys will consolidate and cherry pick assets while others just die on the vine.

For a long term play (3-5 years) I like them.

Not sure if Chevron and Exxon can hold on to those precious dividends - time will tell.
RightWingConspirator
AG
Chevron can hold the dividend I believe longer than Exxon. I'd imagine they'd lay off the entire company before they cut that dividend. Last time CVX cut the dividend was during the Great Depression. Don't see them doing it now, plus, the balance sheet is in pretty good condition.
Ranger222
AG
Balance sheets. Find the ones with a lot of cash and little debt, even in sectors that will be hit hard by this. They wouldn't be my first choice, but even in beaten up sectors that will be eventual consolidation and stronger sector leaders that come out of this.
Rice and Fries
RoyalOak00 said:

RDS.A is at a 10% yield right now, even after the today's 11% stock price increase. Shell has never not paid a dividend.
Royal Dutch vs XOM...

Which would you choose if you had to pick just one?
Hendrix
AG
Rice and Fries said:

RoyalOak00 said:

RDS.A is at a 10% yield right now, even after the today's 11% stock price increase. Shell has never not paid a dividend.
Royal Dutch vs XOM...

Which would you choose if you had to pick just one?

RDS- as stupid as it sounds they're way ahead of the other majors in renewables and carbon footprint and a growing portfolio of wind and solar assets. Investors these days like that no matter what you think about it. They also recently cut capex early and haven't cut dividend since I was born. I believe that juicy yield will remain. I think they have a better balance sheet as well. Give me rds for the long haul.
HalifaxAg
AG
Waste Management...garbage will never shut down
tam2002
AG
Appreciate the input. Got 100k in a CD I'm wanting to spread around on some of these to cash in for a long time
FrontPorchAg
HalifaxAg said:

Waste Management...garbage will never shut down
It looks like a good stock here. 2.3% dividend is below a lot of companies but it's still 20% below it's 200-day moving average.
jj9000
AG
SPYD

Spread it out to not be tethered to 1-2 companies and their risk of failure.
FrontPorchAg
WFC just reported and dropping like a rock. CEO didn't mention dividend but they are moving to $4B to offset mortgage losses. So reading the tea leaves I would guess the dividend is on the chopping block.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.