Business & Investing
Sponsored by

CFPs on here

1,289 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by nactownag
aggie_fan13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Could I implore you to share your story, background how you got in the industry ? I'm just a young buck early in my career. Any advice helps !?
nactownag
AG
Financial Advice runs in my family. Grandpa Dad and myself.
So it was the obvious choice for me.

I just think if you have a genuine desire to help people win at money you will do well. But recognize it isn't about selling a product it's partnering together to help them achieve their goals.

I would encourage you to learn as much as you can early on about taxes and estate planning and insurance along with investments so that you can identify solutions to clients needs in the middle of an ongoing conversation.

aggie_fan13
AG
any references ?
nactownag
AG
I'm not sure what you mean?

Do you have a mentor or someone that you can sit in on meetings with? I think that's a great way to learn. You just need to start going through case study after case study of real life scenarios and after a while it will start to repeat itself
aggie_fan13
AG
i work for one right now, was just looking for additional outside perspectives. references meaning sources of information
nactownag
AG
I think reading Kitces is a good way to learn about important subjects and ideas and then research them online or ask good questions from your mentor.

Personally I always learn better in the form of a real life case study so I like to learn an idea then try to find a real life example to apply it to.

Of course you can always buy the CFP books but for me the books were mostly just a refresher after having spent a few years applying myself entirely to the industry.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.