Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Starting an LLC in BCS; who to contact

1,917 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by flown-the-coop
RG20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hello, hoping I can get some direction on who to contact to register a LLC in BCS. If anyone has a connection, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
Cancelled
AG
My firm would be happy to help. I won't be back in the office until Monday. Feel free to shoot me an email.

Stephen at msn-law dot com.
flown-the-coop
AG
Just do it yourself. https://www.sos.state.tx.us/corp/sosda/index.shtml

Now, you may want to use Legalzoom or similar or an actual attorney to setup operating agreement. Recommend only using attorney if there is some complexity to the business such as multiple members / partners.
The Wonderer
AG
flown-the-coop said:

Now, you may want to use Legalzoom or similar or an actual attorney to setup operating agreement. Recommend only using attorney if there is some complexity to the business such as multiple members / partners.
LOL, I love these. Attorneys make way more money fixing these issues than just forming the entity to start with. My number one concern with these is that it requires the person to fill it out to know what they're doing and more often than not, that is not much.
VegasAg98
AG
Agree with The Wonderer. Doing it right at the beginning is MUCH cheaper than fixing it later.

IMO (I'm a corporate/real estate lawyer 15+ years) it's not that Legal Zoom formations are inherently wrong on their face.

It just may not be the right fit your needs.

The way I explain it to my clients is... when you buy shoes you don't ask the salesman (or website) for just a "shoe". Imagine you did and you got a beautiful size 9 Italian dress shoe. But what if what you really needed was a basketball shoe in size 12. The dress shoe might be made perfectly but at best it does you no good and at worst it will ruin your feet. (and you'd look ridiculous on the court)

An example of a "simple" slip-up on the Texas SOS can result from simply checking one wrong box.

I see it all time and just had a meeting with a new client yesterday about what we need to do to fix everything.

flown-the-coop
AG
The Wonderer said:

flown-the-coop said:

LOL, I love these. Attorneys make way more money fixing these issues than just forming the entity to start with. My number one concern with these is that it requires the person to fill it out to know what they're doing and more often than not, that is not much.

Its been several years since I did these, but what sorts of mistakes do you see? I never recall anything overly complex about filing.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.