Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Blocking robo-call and spam calls.

1,351 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Diggity
Thomas Sowell, PhD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My mobile # is my business # and I strive to answer all calls promptly and not let them go to voicemail.

Any suggestions? I've seen apps from $20-$60 per year. Don't know if any free ones are decent. I get about 4-5 spam calls a day, ~ two of which appear with the same 6 digits as my mobile #.
SlackerAg
AG
The WideProtect app lets you filter a range of numbers with wildcards such as 123-456-****,
so all combinations using those first 6 digits are blocked. It's not free ($2.99).

Anytime I get a robo-call I block their entire range of numbers, since they typically call again with different last 4 digits. I don't mind blocking an entire state area code if I'll never expect a call from there (i.e. New Jersey).
Tumble Weed
I average 2 calls per day, adding up to about 7 seconds of total time wasted per day.

I block everyone that is junk.
ORAggieFan
Who's your cell provider? They should have some options to notify or auto dialer calls. Just send those to VM.
dlp3719
AG
I'm in the same situation as you (cell is my business #). I use RoboKiller. It's $30 a year and does a pretty good job. It errs on the side of letting things thru but catches 2-4 junk calls a day
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
Thanks
DannyDuberstein
AG
HIYA if want free. Free version blocks a ton and you can block your prefix (214-555-****) while lets anyone in your contacts with the same prefix thru.
mm98
AG
Answer phone. Immediately put it on mute. Wait for spam call to end.

If you answer or push it to voicemail the system knows it's a legit number and continues to call.

Eliminates the vast majority of spam calls for me.
Ag92NGranbury
AG
i'm surprised india hasn't taken out a hit on me yet... i've had a bit of fun with the callers
Diggity
AG
T-mobile does a decent job of filtering out spam
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.