Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Advice: Landscaper broke window and now not responsive

2,133 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by evestor1
SnowboardAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Long story but about 6 months ago, mowers broke 2 small windows around house. They took responsibility and Paid (around 150) and I told them about being careful. Fast forward to last week and they broke a large window. I text the owner and the quotes are 375-450. They've been unresponsive to text and didn't show up this week. I think that's their plan.

I'm planning to call this next week and be amicable in this, but how far should I take this? What would some advice be of others here or next steps I should take (or do I just let this go and move on - leave negative reviews, tell friends that use them too, etc.)?
jsc8116
AG
Small claims court after speaking to them if they still wont pay.
MAS444
AG
Sucks but I wouldn't spend a whole lot of time doing anything about it other than fixing the windows. Not worth it.
Pelayo
AG
SnowboardAg said:

Long story but about 6 months ago, mowers broke 2 small windows around house. They took responsibility and Paid (around 150) and I told them about being careful. Fast forward to last week and they broke a large window. I text the owner and the quotes are 375-450. They've been unresponsive to text and didn't show up this week. I think that's their plan.

I'm planning to call this next week and be amicable in this, but how far should I take this? What would some advice be of others here or next steps I should take (or do I just let this go and move on - leave negative reviews, tell friends that use them too, etc.)?
yes
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Toss in a good Facebook blast on their page too.
Hanrahan
AG
I'd Move on. And try and address the collection of rocks or whatever is in your yard that keep breaking your windows.
evestor1
This happens approximately one time per year on my rental homes...get the window fixed and find a new yard person.

It is not worth the hassle.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.