Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Acronym Help: EPC / FEED

2,333 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by mm98
Madman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What is an EPC Contractor?

What is a FEED Project?

Thanks in advance.
fire09
AG
Engineering, procurement, construction.

front end engineering design
Madman
AG
Thank you,

Follow up Q.

Is there anyway to track or know open or pending FEED contracts?
tommyjohn
Which specific market segment? Oil and Gas?

Upstream/Downstream
Onshore/Offshore
AgLA06
AG
Yes and no.

Way too broad as pointed out to the above answer your question. What's your goal / angle here?

You don't seem to have basic knowledge of the industry in which you are inquiring so most people are probably going to be a little cautious in their responses.
Madman
AG
AgLA

It is probably a wild goose chase. I work for a mfg. and I got a random call from what I would call a potential customer using lots of language and acronyms that were new to me.

this got me thinking maybe if the original inquiry turned out to be nothing that I should look into participating in other ways with other companies.

As it is I bet my type of product will never be sourced direct but always through a specialty distributor.

AgLA06
AG
I used to work in that world. If you want to shoot me a PM I can at least maybe try to clarify some things for you.
fire09
AG
What are you selling? Just curious.

FEED usually = budgetary
Dr. Doctor
AG
A little late to the party, but you can track some contracts (either FEED or EPC) by the Clients EPC firms service.

So look at announcements from XOM, Anadarko, etc. about jobs or projects. If you know who they traditionally work with, you can see who might have the work. But contracts can be fluid. And some big companies (like NOCs) tend to work with almost all of the contractors in some fashion.

~egon
Oh Four Five
AG
There are services that you can subscribe to that have project info/status also, but they're not cheap.
george1992
LE FEED.

Lyssy and Eckel Feeds, Poth, TX.

Tell them T Bone sent you.
Vernada
AG
fire09 said:

What are you selling? Just curious.

FEED usually = budgetary

This. Someone contacted you to help build their budget. This is a project that is years out of it happens at all.

Typically, in my experience, these things have numerous iterations and will have at least one more formal bid (if not two or more).
mm98
AG
DL04 said:

There are services that you can subscribe to that have project info/status also, but they're not cheap.

I've looked at many of these and even worked for one. Their information on early FEED projects is usually quite bad.
Ragoo
AG
Generally speaking the owner hires an EPC to conduct the FEED. The deliverables from the FEED are used to generate an approximate budget for the project. This budget is used to determine the capital investment required and to run the long term financials. If the project is economical it should be approved at which time the entire process starts over but this time with the end goal of actually executing. Depending on the owner and scope of the project this could take anywhere from 1-5+ years.
Ragoo
AG
mm98 said:

DL04 said:

I've looked at many of these and even worked for one. Their information on early FEED projects is usually quite bad.
because no one on the inside talks about projects on the outside until they are actual projects. Especially for publically trades companies.
mm98
AG
Ragoo said:

mm98 said:

DL04 said:

because no one on the inside talks about projects on the outside until they are actual projects. Especially for publically trades companies.
Thats the general belief but not entirely true. Many people talk that shouldn't, it just takes hundreds of phone calls to find to find those people...especially when a research company is flat out deceitful as to who they are and why they are calling.

When I stated "Their information on early FEED projects is usually quite bad" I meant the completeness of their databases they have for sale. The little information they do have is generally accurate, at least at the time is was published.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.