Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Finding businesses to buy

2,939 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TexasAg21
Mmetag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have a great place to find businesses to buy? I know just find one approach and throw down an offer but I'm more in the research stage to find out going rates etc.
Any advice on things to avoid is appreciated as well. thanks
500,000ags
AG
There are business brokers for small businesses.
TexasAg21
I like https://www.bizbuysell.com
dc509
AG
Are you looking for metrics or like a marketplace? Once is a business is listed by a business broker you're too late. I'm not knocking what they, but that's not where you find the best deals.

Price is determined by things like does the given business have intellectual property, or are they purely nuts and bolts? Are the contracts recurring revenue streams or one off sales? It's obviously more complicated than that, but that's a start.
94chem
TexasAg21 said:

I like https://www.bizbuysell.com

Quite a website. Down for maintenance for at least yesterday and today.
TexasAg21
It's not working for you? It worked for me yesterday and today
94chem
TexasAg21 said:

It's not working for you? It worked for me yesterday and today
Must be the mobile site that's down. Works on my computer.
Diggity
AG
It's owned by CoStar. Doubt it's been down for extended periods. Likely on your end.
RogerEnright
Diggity said:

It's owned by CoStar. Doubt it's been down for extended periods. Likely on your end.
Agreed.
TexasAg21
Is your username referencing a character in The Fountainhead? I'm reading that book now.
RogerEnright
TexasAg21 said:

Is your username referencing a character in The Fountainhead? I'm reading that book now.
Yes it is. Good catch. He plays a pretty minor role.

If I recall correctly, he is a capitalist that embodies Ayn Rand's individualism. Other capitalists in that book either don't or aren't consistent.
TexasAg21
RogerEnright said:

TexasAg21 said:

Yes it is. Good catch. He plays a pretty minor role.

If I recall correctly, he is a capitalist that embodies Ayn Rand's individualism. Other capitalists in that book either don't or aren't consistent.
Correct! He is probably the truest capitalist in the book. Really creative and innovative businesses. I love the username. Good to meet another Ayn Rand fan.

I believe I saw a JohnGalt username on here once too. More obvious of an Ayn Rand name, but still pretty neat nonetheless.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.