Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Need Investors/Loans for Startup

2,801 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Rebar
MarineBQ04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nobody lends to start ups/small businesses.

I need a loan or an investor for 20K for a small business start up in Aggieland. Any leads/help would be appreciated.
aduey06
I've got 20k burning a hole in my pocket. What's your pitch.
Ragoo
AG
MarineBQ04 said:

I need a loan or an investor for 20K for a small business start up in Aggieland. Any leads/help would be appreciated.
no body lends to start ups/small businesses without a detailed business plan. Do that and I am sure you will find 20k.
Petrino1
How much equity are you willing to give up?
AgNColorado
What's the business and what kind of equity are we looking at? I may be interested.
The Anchor
AG
There's money in the banana stand!
Post removed:
by user
ATM9000
AG
Ragoo said:

MarineBQ04 said:

no body lends to start ups/small businesses without a detailed business plan. Do that and I am sure you will find 20k.

Well... that... and/or collateral.
jmcfar_98
AG
Username checks out.

Looks like he's good for $9000
Old RV Ag
AG
MarineBQ04 said:

Your opening comment is concerning, I have been on the boards of banks as well as an individual loan/investor of startup/small businesses and seen easily 10x provided of what you listed above from both banks and my own money when presented with a solid, detailed business plan. You're starting with a negative statement and no detail is definitely getting off on the wrong foot.
500,000ags
AG
Has anyone worked with a person that specializes in building business plans?
Rebar
AG
Agree with RV. Lots of options for SBA. Plus countless Ags around startup Aggieland. Heck, give a brief pitch here and watch how fast $20k can come together.
I Drink Your Milkshake
woodyhayes
agree with earlier post. How much equity and provide detailed biz plan and $20K is the stroke of a pen if its adventageous.
Premium
AG
I'd say most of us here could do the $20K with a plan and equity involved. But what is the money for and why only $20K - that kind of money could be floated on credit cards.
Idk3
AG
For $20K you should be able to figure out how to easily get half of that from CCs if nothing else. Then the other $10K could be from family and friends. Do you have a minimum viable product yet?
V8Aggie
AG
4 days and no response by OP....interesting

Perhaps he needed to payoff his bookie and missed a payment.
Old RV Ag
AG
V8Aggie said:

4 days and no response by OP....interesting

Perhaps he needed to payoff his bookie and missed a payment.
Think this is a possible sign of his organization and follow through. Lots of people on here both explicitly and implicitly expressed possible investment with more info. But, nothing.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Can I interest anyone in joining Amway?
diehard03
Quote:

Lots of people on here both explicitly and implicitly expressed possible investment with more info

Ha. No one here's going to give them 20k for anything. B&I Shark Tank strikes again!
Rebar
AG
For someone that comes on and has zero plan, you are right. There are quite a few who frequent this board that are fairly sophisticated investors with a good bit of experience in the startup world. If a plan has merit, it will get $$ quickly. If it can't stand up to first blush due diligence kind of questions, it is doomed to failure regardless.

Sometimes criticisms are a great realistic viewpoint on obvious weaknesses. Kind of like coaching, sometimes kids get harsh feedback to make them better, and sometimes they quit because they weren't cut out for it. But it is damn sure easier to blame the world for why you can't do something vs doing what it takes to be successful.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.