Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Question for Sales guys...

2,951 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Aggie369
RG20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How do you stay organized with your day to day activities; strictly CRM, outlook tasks etc?

Kurt Gowdy
AG
I typically setup reminders with Siri to go off in 15-30 minute increments to remind me of tasks the need to be completed the next day.
TwoMarksHand
AG
I use outlook appointments/meetings if I have a bunch for the day. If just a couple sales calls, I will write them on my calendar at my desk.

We have a CRM, but it takes so many clicks and is so slow loading that I never use it.
administrative errors
When I first got out of college, I kept a paper calender for the week, and a monthly planner. Writing it down really helped me retain the information. Then I'd add it to my blackberry calendar (2008).
This was my most organized I would ever be, it was also exceptionally micromanage.

When I have tried transitioning into digital tracking, it almost felt like my memory didn'didn't register the information, like handwriting it did.

Have used salesforce and a variety of other CRM's over the years.

Coming soon:
AE Ventures - sooner than soon
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Physical and mental exercises
*Addiction services

Step 3: property found

Step 4: set date

Step 5: plan agenda for participants, food, logistics etc, integration and counseling post-experience

Step 6: long-term planning

I am amped.
Ag92NGranbury
AG
ah... i miss carrying a bag...

a habit that i learned from a mentor... i changed my voicemail message every day at 6am to force me to get an early start on the day...

electronics now would be a killer to have in the sales world.. i used the treo 600/650 back in the day
Woods Ag
AG
I've always had a CRM and I rarely use it if at all. It's normally forced use to meet requirements, and as I meet/exceed expectations those requirements get loosened. I don't use digital meeting notes or reminders. I do use Outlook calendar meeting invites to block of meeting times for my customers so that they don't forget.

I carry a notebook with me. After meetings I'll jot down a few important items. Same thing if I'm making phone calls or emails. With current customers I pretty much remember where everything is, next steps, upcoming opportunities, so I don't really have to go back and look it up. For prospects, I have a system that works for me as far as calling, emails, follow-ups and how often and I just jot down date/time and method of contact.

I wake up every morning between 4-5am. Work out until 6-6:30. Shower, breakfast, sit down in my office by 7am at the latest. I brainstorm and jot down some "to-do's" for the day. I also write a lot of my introductory emails to potential customers. And I start knocking out my to-dos when everyone else starts their workday.

It's not the most organized method and it's not up with the times, but it works for me. I meet/exceed my goals, I never get caught off guard by my bosses when they ask for updates, and they leave me alone.

My advice is just find what works for you. We all work differently.
Al Bula
AG
Not in sales but believe you are selling yourself every minute of the day to prove your worth. Interesting topic and not just limited to sales folks and keeping on task with a computerized system.
mm98
AG
My first sales job was full of tech gadgets and tracking systems and I'd say about 2/3rds of it was helpful, and 1/3rd unnecessary so the CEO could "monitor us".

My job now we have nothing. Each rep finds his own method. We have a huge staff of mostly 55 and older so there is huge resistance to change. We lived in shared drives and individual excel files for everything. And we're successful. But we're very inefficient and slow. Drives me nuts at times.

I use outlook calendar and task reminders since most of synced with my phone. I have toyed around with free trials of basic CRM systems here and there.

administrative errors
Woods Ag said:

I've always had a CRM and I rarely use it if at all. It's normally forced use to meet requirements, and as I meet/exceed expectations those requirements get loosened. I don't use digital meeting notes or reminders. I do use Outlook calendar meeting invites to block of meeting times for my customers so that they don't forget.

I carry a notebook with me. After meetings I'll jot down a few important items. Same thing if I'm making phone calls or emails. With current customers I pretty much remember where everything is, next steps, upcoming opportunities, so I don't really have to go back and look it up. For prospects, I have a system that works for me as far as calling, emails, follow-ups and how often and I just jot down date/time and method of contact.

I wake up every morning between 4-5am. Work out until 6-6:30. Shower, breakfast, sit down in my office by 7am at the latest. I brainstorm and jot down some "to-do's" for the day. I also write a lot of my introductory emails to potential customers. And I start knocking out my to-dos when everyone else starts their workday.

It's not the most organized method and it's not up with the times, but it works for me. I meet/exceed my goals, I never get caught off guard by my bosses when they ask for updates, and they leave me alone.

My advice is just find what works for you. We all work differently.
THIS RIGHT HERE.

Looking back, I had to be up at at the office no later than 730 for morning meeting. Usually that required me to leave no later than 6:30 or Houston traffic would have me in the galleria area by 9am.

I do believe that the early ass morning routine was extremely effective for my best habits. It got me to bed early, forced me to manage my time appropriately. I don't manage my time right now, i own my business.... it's probably one of those things that if I really took a new approach i could see some major improvements... but i'm also resistant to changing things when life is 'pretty good' as is.

I would recommend being up early, without distractions, and planning your day out. The workout routine i never was able to perform consistently but I'm positive it would have helped as well.
Coming soon:
AE Ventures - sooner than soon
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Physical and mental exercises
*Addiction services

Step 3: property found

Step 4: set date

Step 5: plan agenda for participants, food, logistics etc, integration and counseling post-experience

Step 6: long-term planning

I am amped.
strohag
AG
I try to make all my sales calls before noon and have a customer lunch a few days a week. My afternoons are usually spent in the office doing follow up and finalizing bids. I have a set book of business though and I'm not out cold calling. I use a combination of outlook calendars and email. My email always has about 30 to 40 unread emails in it. I keep emails unread that I know have a task to do/follow up required with my inside guys. I also keep a few spreadsheets of active bids and ongoing work. It works for me. I don't think i could work somewhere that made me fill out their own system daily.
Aggie369
AG
Medical Device and capital equipment sales

Cant stand anything electronic to keep me organized. I carry a spiral journal with me and every morning I update my to do list and set my plans. Next to each item I write the day I plan to do that item. I update this on going list throughout the day everyday.

Im 32 but after typing that I sound like I'm 70... though I will add I dont have an office or a desk...I do my computer work at Starbucks

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.