Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Conf. Call Companies

2,317 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by GenericAggie
agcrock2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any recommendations for small business? Company we've been using just jacked up their pricing and I want to see what some alternatives are. For reference, got a bill after a 45 minutes call on Friday for $68. Thanks.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Skype for Business?
nonameag99
I will admit that I am cheap

I use https://www.freeconferencecall.com/

It works fine

It does announce that you are using free conference call .com to everyone that joins the meeting, but I don't really care because I am a construction contractor and my clients should be paying for the call. I have honestly have only used it for one client call. I use it monthly for an internal work meeting.

It is free
The Aggie number specified has already been linked with another TexAgs account.
aggiecive
AG
We use Zoom. Im not sure if the cost but it is very easy to allow screen shares.
jagged
AG
I think uberconference is free as well and seems to be good.

People seem to like zoom although I haven't used it personally.

Skype for business, Webex, gotomeeting are all pretty good. Enterprise grade but I would imagine have reasonable prices for SMB. I believe Microsoft is killing off the Skype name and moving everything under its Teams platform.

Avoid 8x8, the functionality and integration aren't good, but as it's a cheaper one it might be worth price comparison.
sockerton
Free conference call.com works good
agcrock2005
AG
aggiecive said:

We use Zoom. Im not sure if the cost but it is very easy to allow screen shares.
Is this just for phone calls or video conferencing as well? Thanks.
Buck Compton
AG
agcrock2005 said:

aggiecive said:

Is this just for phone calls or video conferencing as well? Thanks.
Zoom is for everything, including video, etc. Can't speak to rates, but it is much better than Skype for Business (or MS Teams). I have clients that use most of the systems above, and Zoom is probably my favorite of all of them. Then WebEx, then Skype, then GoToMeeting last.
ORAggieFan
Zoom is great at pretty reasonable. We cut our price in half from GoToMeeting.
agcrock2005
AG
Very helpful. Thank you.
stuckinaustinAG
AG
Its basically Zoom or Uberconference. I have been loyal to Uberconference for a while. Best in my opinion if standard URL and callin works. Is tough if you have back to back meetings.
oldarmy1
AG
FreeConferenceCall is fine for small business. If International is dialing in there could be issues.
dc509
AG
We use Uber Conference, and we've been happy with it.
Pdawg4224
Zoom. Easy to use and share screens. Way better connection without delays than Skype.
Woody2006
AG
ORAggieFan said:

Zoom is great at pretty reasonable. We cut our price in half from GoToMeeting.
What were you paying for gotomeeting? We have several licenses which aren't that expensive, but if zoom is better...
LostInLA07
AG
If you use G-Suite, Hangouts Meet is included and provides video as well as audio (including telephone call-in) conferencing.
Rexter
My vendor uses RingCentral, which is Zoom , I believe. Our call today had 250ish participants.
dc509
AG
Ugh, those are fun.
Red Rover
AG
aggiecive said:

+1 on this. I've used many different companies and zoom is by far the best I've seen. If you have a lower number of accounts for zoom I think it's pretty cheap. You can use it for conference calls, video conferences, and a combination of the two.

Edit - I think I paid $168 last year total for Zoom.
CEPhD
AG
Bluejeans is also good.
Zemira
AG
CEPhD said:

Bluejeans is also good.

Got really frustrated with Blue jeans several years ago. Maybe they have improved?
Jon Cocktosin
AG
We use Zoom with our mobile workers. In addition, we use it as a component with simulcast trainings we host. Zoom has by far been the cheapest option.
GenericAggie
AG
Check out aws chime. Super easy, cheap, video quality is there.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.