Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Any Frac Guys On Here. New Style Pump

3,175 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by FarmerJohn
Madman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Guys at ST9 put this teaser out today.
JTA1029
AG
No other info on it?
Madman
AG
JTA1029 said:

No other info on it?
ST9 has a little bit on their linkedin page.

Going to guess that its driven by electric motors to roller screws. Would eliminate a ton of equipment and downsize the HP needed as screws are very efficient.
insulator_king
AG
https://www.st9go.com/products/electric-fracing-unit/

more info.
one MEEN Ag
AG
So diesel generator to motor fed as opposed to diesel engine?

I'm not too familiar with the engineering demands of fracking beyond cheaper is better and a pump here today is better than a nicer pump here tomorrow. Also, erosion sucks.

So you've still got to get logistics for fuel, what's the savings beyond scroll compressors?
Madman
AG
Or just burn natural gas from the area which some already do.
Satellite of Love
one MEEN Ag said:

So diesel generator to motor fed as opposed to diesel engine?

I'm not too familiar with the engineering demands of fracking beyond cheaper is better and a pump here today is better than a nicer pump here tomorrow. Also, erosion sucks.

So you've still got to get logistics for fuel, what's the savings beyond scroll compressors?

Less emissions and noise? Believe or not but to the public that is a huge win. A lot of operators are dealing with pressure to curb oil field emissions anywhere they can. And with frac jobs lasting weeks for a decent pad development, the lowered noise and pollution from 24/7 diesel motors is impactful. This rings true as some housing developments encroach on the oil patch.
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
Comeby!
AG
So this puts the fuel burden 100% on the operator?
FarmerJohn
AG
Not a frac engineer, but I do design some very large machinery. Having electric motors driven by a generator as opposed to direct deisel drive allows the engine to continuously run in the most efficient band. Big savings. It's advantages over a diesel run hydraulic setup is about 20% due to leakage. Where this is most beneficial if powering it off the grid. If you are going to be there a while and have the infrastructure, that is a big deal.

I'm curious what voltage they are designing for. And that claim of 98% efficient is achievable, but lower 90's would be the conservative estimate. Obviously that doesn't include electricity generation.
74OA
AG
Similar discussion of a "revolutionary" new lifting device on a different forum not long ago. See the post by Clob94 almost on the bottom of page two--look for the pump video image--is it what you are describing?

Pump?
dc509
AG
Looks interesting. I spent three years in frac, and saw plenty of pitches about "game changing" innovations. Something like this will happen though. Good luck to them. I would also just love to be there the first time someone tells the company man that the frac pumps on his locations are similar to a Prius.
GenericAggie
AG
FarmerJohn said:

Not a frac engineer, but I do design some very large machinery. Having electric motors driven by a generator as opposed to direct deisel drive allows the engine to continuously run in the most efficient band. Big savings. It's advantages over a diesel run hydraulic setup is about 20% due to leakage. Where this is most beneficial if powering it off the grid. If you are going to be there a while and have the infrastructure, that is a big deal.

I'm curious what voltage they are designing for. And that claim of 98% efficient is achievable, but lower 90's would be the conservative estimate. Obviously that doesn't include electricity generation.

220 - 221 - whatever it takes.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Dearest mother of sweet floating baby Moses!!!

Their contact email is upyours@st9go.com!!?!?!?!?!
FarmerJohn
AG
Ha, nice Mr. Mom reference.

I was more thinking if there was an option to run on 4kVa medium voltage to reduce the amperage, but now that I think a little more about it, that is a dumb idea.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.