Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Custom Fabric Blends for athletic wear

2,328 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Business Time
dragonslayer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife and I are wanting to make some athletic clothing and wanted to know if any one here knew of a place to get samples of custom fabric blends

example:

60% Polyester
30%Cotton
10% spandex

We need samples to decide what blend we want to use.
PFG
AG
The answer probably lies in an airplane flight to an Asian country.

https://www.amazon.com/Shoe-Dog-Phil-Knight/dp/1508211809
94chem
Post a pic of the matching outfits you plan to wear, so we can help you better.
dc509
AG
A friend of mine attempted something like this a few years ago (Think Mizzen and Main only ****ty) and they were looking to source fabric from Asia. That's where I would start.
Business Time
AG
Why do you want that particular blend? Have you tried other fabrics first? Then how many yards do you need? Will it all be 1 color, will it be for sublimation? Do you have a preferred fabric weight?

Custom fabric development is going to be very expensive.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Go to Shenzhen, CN
MemorialTXAg
Go to lulu lemon and check out their tags.
dragonslayer
AG
Business Time said:

Why do you want that particular blend? Have you tried other fabrics first? Then how many yards do you need? Will it all be 1 color, will it be for sublimation? Do you have a preferred fabric weight?

Custom fabric development is going to be very expensive.
That is not the exact blend I want it was just an example.

I have an idea of certain blends for specific items (ex: shorts, pants, compression shirts, loose shirts,...etc.)
But I do not know exactly what specific blend and weights and so on because I need to see what the actual material is like in person.

I am sure it will not be cheap, but you would think companies would send you examples/swatches to see the stretch and memory and wicking and how long to dry (from sweat) and compression.
Zobel
AG
TRADUCTOR
60% Polyester
30%Cotton
Do not blend, stir in the
10% spandex

then blend
12% more Polyester

and post pics
Stat Monitor Repairman
IrishTxAggie said:

Go to Shenzhen, CN
If yall are serious, this probably your best bet. Do some research. Go into HKG, stay for a few days get situated. Take a train to Shenzhen, stay for a few more. Talk to some manufacturers directly. probably show you every kind of fabric known to man.

I the meantime I'd secure some kind of LOC for this deal and see what you can do. Maybe a sea logistics / freight / customs guy in where ever you are at.
Business Time
AG
A truly custom fabric will require you take 1000s of yards of the fabric. How many pieces of the clothing line do you plan on making? Unless you have a large bank account a mill is not going to be interested.

Call Top Value Fabrics and get them to send you swatches of their different fabrics.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.