Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Logo Design Help

2,164 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BeardedBear
Alexhereandnow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hey Everyone,

I am looking for advice from those who have created logos for their businesses. Any recommendations for websites/freelancers/companies that you have used? Ballpark price?

Background: Wife and I are starting a small tour operating company and are looking for our first logo. Most traffic will be driven via internet, so the logo/website are both important aspects for us.

Seems like my options for creating one are:

1. Online programs like Canva (Free)
2. Online crowd sourcing/competitions like Fiverr or 99 design ($299 - $599)
3. Freelance graphic designers ($1K - 5K)
4. Larger marketing firms (Starting at $10K+)

Thanks in advance for the input!
GreasenUSA
AG
I used Fiverr and paid about $35 for ten mock-ups from some kid. Chose one and built my branding around it.
corndog04
AG
2nd the fiverr recommendation. I used user "ographics" and was really pleased. Their cost at the time was $120 to get 3 prototypes, went back and forth a couple of types on the best candidate before settling on final design.
Diggity
AG
Good reminder for high school kids to avoid graphic design degrees!
Red Pear Realty
Baby Billy
AG
I've got someone I can refer to you. Where are you located?
n_touch
feel free to email me at sales @ ntouchmarketing.com
Shiner Bock
AG
I paid $10 on fiverr, and was blown away at the results. the person i chose offered three different designs initially, and would tweak any of the three several times. This was completed in under 24 hours.
I Drink Your Milkshake
AG
I am having this done now - used Thumbtack to a hire a company called Transformed Designs Inc. - two logos were $400 with 3 mock ups and unlimited revisions.
jakeaggie84
AG
https://www.homegrownaesthetic.com/

Used Ben Dolezal at the website above. Did awesome work and gave me options for less than $400. Different formats and color schemes. Very happy with his work.
500,000ags
AG
I can refer John Ciaburri in Belton. He charges $800 for 5 mockups and unlimited revisions. $800 is a good bit of money, but he charges decent rates if you bundle everything; logo, website design, SEO, and social media.
AggieMainland
I found a logo on designcrowd that lost a logo contest (or whatever its called) but I really liked it. Contacted the guy to use that as the base and update the name and send me some options. (different font type, different font size, etc). I think it ended up around $100 but I was happy.

But I was pretty picky and had a general idea in mind. I tried fiverr but didn't get what i was looking for.
BeardedBear
AG
Diggity said:

Good reminder for high school kids to avoid graphic design degrees!
Design degrees are fine, as long as you understand the strategy and business side of design.

Sure for small companies having a highschool kid pick a font and type out your logo for 10 bucks might work fine, but brand strategy and designing something that actually drives customers and conversions is still very valuable to medium - large companies.

Also, if you have a kiddo wanting to go into design, send them down the UI/UX tract. There is actually a shortage of people with that focus, and that side of the industry will continue to grow.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.