Business & Investing
Sponsored by

pot stocks valuation question

6,483 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by leoj
bicmitchum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
any metric or ratio or combo of ratios that you woud give the most weight?it looks like they have come back down to just a little pricey
Ducks4brkfast
AG
i look at cash and debt
bicmitchum
makes sense.you gotta suspect all these guys aint gonna make it
investorAg83
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

i look at cash and debt

More like politics and policy. A client turned 35k of play money into $1M plus over the course of the last 15 or so months by day trading and following almost nothing but public and foreign policy as it pertained to that industry. I thought he was BS'ing me until I saw his account ledger. He just had a lot of little wins here or there.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Shoot me his email address and ill send him $35K to do the same for me.
investorAg83
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

Shoot me his email address and ill send him $35K to do the same for me.

No kidding.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
I'm not kidding either
badharambe
AG
I'm the self titled texags pot stock dealer.

I don't know what you're looking into, but I think the best place to start is:

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2019/02/14/legendary-investor-danny-moses-says-the-u-s-cannabis-market-is-the-big-long.html
HoustonAg2014
AG
If I have reason to believe that medical cannabis will be passed in Texas in the next 6 months, what would be considered to top stocks to go after?
AggieTravis12
AG
There is probably a more analytical play to it, but every time the market has good news or legalization in a new state has hit Aurora and Canopy have done well.

Like I said I haven't put much time into the analysis at all, but it seems the news gets people excited about it to spike the prices then they fall to a more reasonable level.
Copperpot
AG
On 3/15...

Bought 215 of ACRGF @ $18.93
Bought 500 of KSHB @ $5.62
badharambe
AG
Now don't look at it for 20 years. One, if not both, will be worth at least 10x.

On a side note. KSHB is selling shovels during a gold rush.
Copperpot
AG
Bookmarked for 2029
Burnsey
AG
austinaggie2003 said:

On 3/15...

Bought 215 of ACRGF @ $18.93
Bought 500 of KSHB @ $5.62

Yesterday I bought
MMNFF @ $2.75
HRVSF @ $9.62
administrative errors
I feel more strongly about the eventual "Pot Bubble" than I do about the "crypto Bubble" much more similar to the internet/website bubble, IMO.

TONS of fomo right now for pot/hemp.
TONS of minimal to no knowledge about any cycle of the plant or supply chain or experience using the products from investors of all ages.
Tons of hype hype hype.

i sure hope the end game involves a distributed supply chain with many local vendors and subscription/delivery services...
Coming soon:
AE Ventures - sooner than soon
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Physical and mental exercises
*Addiction services

Step 3: property found

Step 4: set date

Step 5: plan agenda for participants, food, logistics etc, integration and counseling post-experience

Step 6: long-term planning

I am amped.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
The difference is everyone understands the pot business and its a product people want so badly many are willing to do it illegally. Crypto is a alternative currency that not many people understand whose primary use cases are illegal trade and speculating. The pot bubble will come but there is still federal legalization which will rocket the price.
administrative errors
Keeper of The Spirits said:

The difference is everyone understands the pot business and its a product people want so badly many are willing to do it illegally. Crypto is a alternative currency that not many people understand whose primary use cases are illegal trade and speculating. The pot bubble will come but there is still federal legalization which will rocket the price.

Being in the industry and seeing cultivators discuss "top funded" entities like canopy and acreage.... and their practices and you can tell some of them are doing exactly what I'm talking about. Grabbing as much money as possible and throwing it. Most officers have no background in the industry, and unique genetics are being stolen left and right right around the same time that genetic Intellectual Property is coming around for cannabis/hemp.

This market has so much potential as a net positive to humanity not just for health reason, but economic reason... and we're comfortable with it being auctioned off to the highest bidders right now....

Get educated please. Don't let this market get overburdened by policy and monopolies. Please.

"Crypto is a alternative currency that not many people understand whose primary use cases are illegal trade and speculating."
Not many people understand the entire concept of currency, fractional lending, credit card processing, fees earned by processors, or any part of the international banking infrastructure that isn't a plastic credit card. As your comment shows lack of awareness, the primary use cases for block chain technology is the distribution of trust. Whether the form of trust exists as verifiable data regarding a crops' supply chain, or as proof of funds/funding. These trust systems are the only reason that BLACK MARKETs will use cryptocurrencies.
Coming soon:
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Addiction services

Step 5: plan agenda for participants, food, logistics etc, integration and counseling post-experience

I am amped.
administrative errors
How many people really know the pot business? Don't exaggerate.
Coming soon:
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Addiction services

I am amped.
IrishTxAggie
AG
bicmitchum
speaking of all that,ive noticed that cbd is in most of the corner scores in the Houston area. that is a new development
bicmitchum
corner stores
administrative errors
be cautious about where the cbd supplier is from. China grown CBD has been known to contain traces of heavy metals.

know your grower where possible.

Preferably find someone growing a no-till (similar to an organic label) full spectrum (THC & other cannabinoids/terpenes) or Broad Spectrum (No THC).

CBD alone isn't as effective as including the full cannabinoid profile and terpenes.

That being said, i know a bunch of friends who make product that go into gas stations, not all of em are bad products. I would love it if you kept a log or journal (should you purchase anything) on product, dosage and symptom relief for Texags' benefit.
Coming soon:
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Addiction services

I am amped.
badharambe
AG
Any reason you like medmen? Everything I have read makes me believe they are garbage.
Burnsey
AG
I only bought $1,200 worth of MedMen. Please link any articles that gave you that strong of an impression. Others in addition to me might be curious about them.

Also I purchased CGC @ $44.30.

All If my potfolio stocks are down as of right now.
Johnny Danger
AG
Watch Murder Mountain and you'll get an idea of the character types forming these companies. Not very promising.
cnn is the enemy of the state and should be treated as such
fightingfarmer09
I work in the agriculture field developing new genetics, the IP is a killer issue for the future of pot.

You cannot patent natural genetics. One of the benefits of GMO is the patent. We have worked with highly unique natural mutations and government agencies will not recognize this with a patent. There is the possibility of going line by line and get patents but this will be extremely expensive.

This is a helpful benefit of hybrid plant products. The seed itself acts as protection from IP theft.

I think the cotton industry will be a good model for IP in pot.
administrative errors
fightingfarmer09 said:

I work in the agriculture field developing new genetics, the IP is a killer issue for the future of pot.

You cannot patent natural genetics. One of the benefits of GMO is the patent. We have worked with highly unique natural mutations and government agencies will not recognize this with a patent. There is the possibility of going line by line and get patents but this will be extremely expensive.

This is a helpful benefit of hybrid plant products. The seed itself acts as protection from IP theft.

I think the cotton industry will be a good model for IP in pot.

Have you read anything on Phylos?
Coming soon:
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Addiction services

I am amped.
fightingfarmer09
No. I haven't kept up with the individual companies in this sector.

I've worked in R&D and product development in row crop agriculture and horticulture. It will be interesting in the next 5 years. We will see the first publicly funded hemp production trials in Texas in 2020. There is great interest in certain area as a rotation option.

ETA: did some brief reading and looks like they are building the foundation of marker assisted breeding and crowd sourcing the variety of genetics required to run the software to identify key traits. Brilliant. Have the "open source" crowd provide the diversity required to develop markers and then quietly sell/license/develop the markers for their own material.
administrative errors
Quote:

ETA: did some brief reading and looks like they are building the foundation of marker assisted breeding and crowd sourcing the variety of genetics required to run the software to identify key traits. Brilliant. Have the "open source" crowd provide the diversity required to develop markers and then quietly sell/license/develop the markers for their own material.

Have you seen the backlash from the industry?

Re:Texas
Im excited to see the green wall of Texas fall down.
If we are successful this year, we move from 800-> 20k+ acres next year in an operations mgmt role.

The tech we are looking to implement next year is phenomenal.
Coming soon:
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Addiction services

I am amped.
administrative errors
https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6540026222783672320

Case in point re: public traded cannabros.
Coming soon:
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Addiction services

I am amped.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Pot stocks keep getting slaughtered
administrative errors
Been tryina tell yous guys.
Coming soon:
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Addiction services

I am amped.
AggieChemist
AG
Is there a "mutual fund" comprised of pot stocks? I'd like to bet on the industry as a whole long term, but don't really want to do all the research to try to pick winners.
johnson2012
AG
$MJ is an ETF that fits your bill. Probably others by now, that's just the one I know off the top of my head.
jmcfar_98
AG
AggieChemist said:

Is there a "mutual fund" comprised of pot stocks? I'd like to bet on the industry as a whole long term, but don't really want to do all the research to try to pick winners.

YOLO and THCX are a couple more ETFs for Pot stocks.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.