Business & Investing
Sponsored by

USAA cease and desist

8,793 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by O'Doyle Rules
Josepi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm surprised that some of yall talk about USAA being so inexpensive. I'm currently with USAA, and just got some comparable quotes. The auto was about the same, however, the homeowners came in $1500 per year less expensive than my current USAA policy. That's about 40% less than what I currently pay for the same coverage amounts.
OldArmyBrent
AG
I bought into the USAA hysteria about their supposedly great service. I went a decade without an accident and then when I got hit by someone who admitted fault immediately, I let USAA handle dealing with her insurance company. They sent some jackwagon "investigator" to tell me the body shop said the damage could not have been caused by the accident I was allegedly in. He got real upset when I told him I happened to be at the body shop and put him on speakerphone to tell the body shop manager and estimator what he had just told me. Both body shop manager and estimator explained to him in no uncertain terms that they had never even had a discussion about extent of damage and knew nothing of the accident causing the damage. The investigator admitted he had lied to me. USAA showed no remorse nor did they apologize for that disaster.

A few years after I had moved on to another insurer, I got in another accident, again clearly the other driver's fault. They were just as helpful as USAA had ever been. Roadside assistant also great. I'm now convinced they're all the same. They'll all be happy to use the roadside coverage you're already paying for to get you to think their customer service is better than everyone else's. USAA's ruse of being the best customer service company is over. They're now an expensive middle of the road insurance company.
Boodlum
AG
I have a neighbor who works for USAA and has for a very long time. She deals with claims etc.. Her and her husband both believe that it went downhill once they ceased identifying high level generals as CEO and opted for just those with service.

There are a lot of grumblings within USAA as employee satisfaction has taken a drastic hit.
pacecar02
I have tried to use them for car loans and refi's, they were not competitive

Currently have home owners and auto insurance with them, have had them ten years or more

Had a situation with the old lady next door, both of us had USAA. Her tree fell across a shared fence and pulled both our power lines off the houses. USAA deemed act of god or whatever and assigned no blame. Damage to the house, porch and fence all had to be paid out of pocket. Pretty disappointed.
94chem
OldArmyBrent said:

I bought into the USAA hysteria about their supposedly great service. I went a decade without an accident and then when I got hit by someone who admitted fault immediately, I let USAA handle dealing with her insurance company. They sent some jackwagon "investigator" to tell me the body shop said the damage could not have been caused by the accident I was allegedly in. He got real upset when I told him I happened to be at the body shop and put him on speakerphone to tell the body shop manager and estimator what he had just told me. Both body shop manager and estimator explained to him in no uncertain terms that they had never even had a discussion about extent of damage and knew nothing of the accident causing the damage. The investigator admitted he had lied to me. USAA showed no remorse nor did they apologize for that disaster.

A few years after I had moved on to another insurer, I got in another accident, again clearly the other driver's fault. They were just as helpful as USAA had ever been. Roadside assistant also great. I'm now convinced they're all the same. They'll all be happy to use the roadside coverage you're already paying for to get you to think their customer service is better than everyone else's. USAA's ruse of being the best customer service company is over. They're now an expensive middle of the road insurance company.
Sad story. Probably explains why they've run so many more ads the past several years. When you have to pay people to prop up your reputation, the ship has sailed.
MaroonStain
AG
If you are in an accident with a USAA policyholder, then be prepared to get 2/3 of your repair estimate.
wilhunting
AG
Hands down the most corrupt industry ever...
IslandAg76
AG
Granted, USAA isn't what they were 20-30 years ago but as recently as two weeks ago I shopped some insurances needs and was told they couldn't beat USAA........IF I was the ORIGINAL military member. If I was one of the tag along people then they could compete.
Rock1982
AG
26 years military with USAA. Not a single problem . . . always positive.

I'm not arguing negative experiences many here have had with USAA, but for me they've been Bravo Zulu.
chris1515
AG
MaroonStain said:

If you are in an accident with a USAA policyholder, then be prepared to get 2/3 of your repair estimate.

Then you take the policyholder to small claims court for the shortage. They are the one with the obligation to make you whole, not USAA. They hired USAA to protect them, if the insurance company fails at that and it falls back to the policyholder, that's their problem.
O'Doyle Rules
AG
Rock1982 said:

26 years military with USAA. Not a single problem . . . always positive.

I'm not arguing negative experiences many here have had with USAA, but for me they've been Bravo Zulu.

Have you compared insurance rates in the last decade or so?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.