Business & Investing
Sponsored by

What are peoples long term thoughts on CHK

2,645 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Skillet Shot
aggieland09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wanted to see what other peoples thoughts, opinions, or research they would want to share on the long term of CHK? Would now be a good time to enter a long term buy and hold?
FaceMask
I'd be very interested in thoughts as well.
RoseRichAg01
I'll pass on negative free cash flow and book value.
TxAg20
AG
I'm surprised they've made it this far. I'm not super familiar with their exact business or plans. To me, they're the Weatherford of upstream. The outlook never looks good for them, yet they continue to avoid bankruptcy.
sockerton
I think the wildhorse acreage will be a bust
Cyp0111
Theyre always long acreage and short capex. They buy high and sell low. DNA. Constant issues. If you want exposure in oil and gas there are much better names that do not carry the balance sheet risk.
Waltonloads08
AG
Aubrey McClendon did nothing but create crap companies then kill himself. Sorry if that's harsh, but it's true.

My father, who is in the business, told me at the height of Aubrey's power that he would screw it up and the company would go bankrupt, guaranteed. Half of that has happened...the other half they are treading water.
what say you
Thoughts post earnings?
DripAG08
AG
Overpaid for WHR. Could come back to haunt them if commodity prices stay depressed.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Terribly run company. I lost 20% on my investment and I'm glad that's all it was.
GasAg90
Run away. There are better companies to invest in. Wild horse acreage is mediocre at best, but they paid a premium for it.
Skillet Shot
GasAg90 said:

Run away. There are better companies to invest in. Wild horse acreage is mediocre at best, but they paid a premium for it.

Didn't learn from the Range NLA acquisition.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.