Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Au Pair vs Nanny

2,500 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Keeper of The Spirits
Keeper of The Spirits
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have any experience with Nanny's or Au Pairs? Trying to figure out childcare for our first.
CS78
I can highly recommend this service here in CS. We have a permanent girl that comes 3x a week. Interviewed three potentials and they were all great. Lots of prescreening done before they make it to you. https://www.bcssitters.com/
tmtxco
AG
We've used part-time student help over the years, and continue to do so today. However, with our work and personal travel schedules, we now have an au pair. Having someone else living in the house has been an adjustment, but it sure has been nice when we travel as a family.

Feel free to PM any questions you may have.
Gardening Ag

Duncan Idaho
My understanding is that nannies are cheaper but au pairs are hotter.
CS78
Duncan Idaho said:

Always make sure your wife is the one managing everything. Specifically the transfer of money. Don't need any of that evil coming down on me.
The Wonderer
AG
Rusty_Shakleford said:

We're down to part-time college girls for just a few hours a day

Do I have to have a kid to get in on this action?
Tumble Weed
CS78 said:

Duncan Idaho said:

Always make sure your wife is the one managing everything. Specifically the transfer of money. Don't need any of that evil coming down on me.
This is good advice. I let my wife manage the college kids that we used to hire during the summers.

We had a really good experience with all three nannies and a few laughs.

My daughter told me one day "Tara is a better driver than you. She can text and drive at the same time." That is the only issue that we ever had to address.

Gardening Ag
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
The Au Pair commitment was what attracted me they have more skin in the game. We also have several friends/neighbors all planning to keep their dual incomes and expecting babies within a few months of purse, so we are thinking through a shared arrangement + a two day a week partial coverage at the local church to allow more flexibility and coverage .
ORAggieFan
We've had our nanny for over 7 years, my daughter was 10 months and son wasn't even born. Talk about lucking out! She doesn't work a lot for us now with the kids in school, but she doesn't want to give it up so is happy doing 2 hour shifts as needed.

Once you find a good one, take care of them! We give her nice Christmas bonus, have given her raises and make her a part of our family.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
ORAggie where did you find yours?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.