Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Looking for an estate lawyer

1,092 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Tecolote
MemphisAg1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm a beneficiary to an estate and need a good, honest lawyer to help with execution of the will.
Casey TableTennis
AG
Are you in Memphis? I have colleagues in the area I could reach out to that would absolutely know the best estate planning attorneys in town.
MemphisAg1
AG
Casey TableTennis said:

Are you in Memphis? I have colleagues in the area I could reach out to that would absolutely know the best estate planning attorneys in town.

I'm in Atlanta, GA but also have a home in College Station. Brother's in Huntsville. A good attorney in any of those locations would be fine. Thanks.
gig em 02
I think you'll want an attorney in the county where the person died, there will probably be court appearances and the law that applies would be the law of that state (I think)
Tecolote
AG
MemphisAg1 said:

I'm a beneficiary to an estate and need a good, honest lawyer to help with execution of the will.
What about the attorney who prepared the will for the person who named you as the beneficiary?
Joe Exotic
AG
Are you the beneficiary or the executor?
MemphisAg1
AG
Beneficiary.
Tecolote
AG
MemphisAg1 said:

Beneficiary.
Then your comment about getting a lawyer to help with the execution of the will doesn't make sense. That's the role of the executor.
Joe Exotic
AG
Tecolote said:

MemphisAg1 said:

Beneficiary.
Then your comment about getting a lawyer to help with the execution of the will doesn't make sense. That's the role of the executor.

Was thinking the same. As a beneficiary you pretty much just take a seat and put your hand out.
Tecolote
AG
Bo Darville said:

Tecolote said:

MemphisAg1 said:

Beneficiary.

Was thinking the same. As a beneficiary you pretty much just take a seat and put your hand out.
Yep.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.