Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Learning SAP

1,140 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Zemira
Señor Chang
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I will be using a lot of SAP in a new role. I don't have any experience with it, but I'd like to get up to speed on it as quick as possible. Does anyone have a good book they recommend? There are dozens of different ones on amazon. Any other resources you can recommend would be appreciated.
AggieFrog
AG
Have to be a lot more specific. A user in what role? SAP is massive and there are all kinds of things to learn (I've been supporting a large system for 12+ years and in SAP for 15+ years and still learn new things all the time).
aggiebq03+
There's no good way to learn SAP.
Just ask someone who's been there a while how to do everything you will need. It's the least user friendly program ever made.
AggieFrog
AG
aggiebq03+ said:

Just ask someone who's been there a while how to do everything you will need. It's the least user friendly program ever made.

That's correct for how to learn, but it makes sense (just need to think like a German). It's much better than the mainframe MRP systems I worked with years ago.

SAP problems are usually from poor customer customization.
Señor Chang
AG
It's an accounting position. They said I will just have to learn SAP by doing it, but I wanted to be proactive. Sounds like that may not be feasible though. Thanks for the info!
Ragoo
AG
AggieFrog said:

aggiebq03+ said:

That's correct for how to learn, but it makes sense (just need to think like a German). It's much better than the mainframe MRP systems I worked with years ago.

SAP problems are usually from poor customer customization.
I loved working in SAP. Learning is just brute force but once you get it you can access so much information.
AggieZoom
AG
Youtube it...
that's how i refreshed myself on AutoCAD and learned Revit
Zemira
AG
Seor Chang said:

It's an accounting position. They said I will just have to learn SAP by doing it, but I wanted to be proactive. Sounds like that may not be feasible though. Thanks for the info!

They are likely to have a lot of customizations. It is not like QuickBooks or something where it simple and one version. Every company has a slightly different SAP as no large ERP works for everyone just out if the box.

Make friends with the business analysts that support SAP if you can. They often can help with technical questions your coworkers might not know.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.