Business & Investing
Sponsored by

What's the best route to take to get money from someone that owes me?

1,229 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Josepi
kevmiller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am owed some money for services rendered to couple clients.
Money owed ranges from $500-$2000

What's the best option to collect the money ?

TIA
GE
AG
Probably depends on who they are and what business you are in. Did you prepare their tax returns or did you sell them cocaine?
combat wombat™
AG
Let me know when you figure it out. I have a couple of those, too.
leoj
AG
Baseball bat to the knees
The Wonderer
AG
Depends on what you do. Most people in professional circles write it off and/or stop providing services until made whole.

You could sue them in JP court on a sworn statement of account. That is probably the cheapest (but largest headache) route you could take.
BO297
Are they close by? I find the best way on amounts like that is to drive over and ask for the money face to face. If they say they don't have the full amount, take a smaller payment and go back a week to 10 days later for another payment. It's not fun but sometimes that's what it takes.

People can blow you off in emails and phone calls. It's hard to not pay something when I am in your office.
JSKolache
AG
leoj said:

Yep, came here to day kneecaps
gif
schwack schwack
AG
Quote:

Get yourself a custom one: https://warstic.com/
O'Doyle Rules
AG
Fastest way? At gunpoint
Josepi
AG
BO297 said:

Are they close by? I find the best way on amounts like that is to drive over and ask for the money face to face. If they say they don't have the full amount, take a smaller payment and go back a week to 10 days later for another payment. It's not fun but sometimes that's what it takes.

People can blow you off in emails and phone calls. It's hard to not pay something when I am in your office.
This. I'm in outside sales, and about once a quarter I have to visit a customer who wont pay their bills. It's amazing how apologetic they are when you are standing in their lobby. I used to dread those visits, but they really aren't so bad. About 75% of the time I leave with a check in my hand, or a signed agreement for a payment plan.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.