Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Recurring Automatic Investment Account

1,449 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Ag13
ArcticAg98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I had a sharebuilder account that transitioned to Capital One, where I automatically purchased 8 or 9 ETFs/mutual funds twice a month for something like $12/month. With Capital One transitioning to E*Trade it looks like my automatic investments have been discontinued and I'm in the market for a new provider. Any suggestions on where I should open a new account?
Duncan Idaho
I'd Just go directly to the source and get a Vanguard account.
sts7049
AG
maybe something like acorns?
XpressAg09
AG
Stash isn't bad.
fourth deck
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

I'd Just go directly to the source and get a Vanguard account.

Can't be anymore direct than that. Fees for purchasing mutual funds rather than buying them direct from Vanguard, Fidelity, etc. is money down the toilet.
ArcticAg98
AG
Thanks for the feedback. Pretty much all the ETFs I have been purchasing are Vanguard and I opened an account with them. Unfortunately, I've now found out they only allow automatic investing in their mutual funds and not their ETFs. Any other suggestions on where to open an account?
Kurt Gowdy
AG
I have several DRIP's setup and purchase.

I buy COP and MMM monthly and XOM every two weeks. Depending on the amount you want to purchase, DRIP's allow you to purchase fractional shares.

Each company has different fees, but it doesn't cost me anything to buy these stocks.
JSKolache
AG
You shouldn't have to pay someone to take your money.

Have you looked into Robinhood as a DIY $0 fee solution. You'd have to schedule your own transfers from the banking side.

Edit to add: RH will schedule transfers weekly, semi-monthly, monthly, or annually.

Obligatory invite + free share bonus link: https://share.robinhood.com/keithf172
Ag13
AG
Betterment is nice and easy
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.