Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Square (SQ)

2,492 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Ranger222
Illustrious Potentate
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This stock has done extremely well for me - got in soon after it IP'd. Everything that I've been reading says it's time to get out, but it just keeps climbing. I'm certainly no expert, so seeking thoughts here - maybe I'm reading consensus reports that aren't worth a darn.

I've sold some shares when I got to the point where I doubled my initial investment - got my investment back. Just wondering how long I let the rest of the shares ride.

Anyone have any thoughts?
Diggity
AG
Read an article about them the other day. Seems like a great company.

The Square Pay system is growing fast as well. If they can continue to better integrate with merchants inventory systems, the sky is the limit.
leoj
AG
If you have your investment back I would hang on. It's definitely overvalued right now with this huge run up but I love what I read about their business and growth. It would be a long term hold for me if I was in your position with basically house money.
LostInLA07
AG
I use several of their products and every time they add an enhancement it's seamless, simple and it works. Great company.
Pman17
AG
HOLD & Buy

I regret selling my shares I bought when it started at $13. Bought back in around the $40s. I think it'll go as high as $V. The Square Cash app is freakin awesome! You can use it as a separate checking account with Account and Routing number if you do side gigs like Uber. The debit card does discount rewards like $1 off coffee shops. You can buy Bitcoin as an investment, not for spending. I use it all the time with my girlfriend to pay each other. I prefer over Venmo because of the privacy.
Square Business side is kick ass. Many small businesses are dumping their old registers for Square Registers. Businesses love it for the services. Employees love it for electronic tips.
drill4oil78
AG
Look what happened to SQ after its Q2 earnings. After an initial drop to the 50dMA an impressive rally to new highs. That tells you everything. The run is not over.
Pman17
AG
SQ hit $100
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
SQ is on my watch list as a learning experience. I did some research on them and bought a few months after IPO thinking it would be a good long term company (Feb 2016 for like $13). I sold in March or april of 2017 for like $16 because i was impatient they weren't going anywhere... been watching it ever since as a lesson in patience and trusting my research when i want to go long on a company.
Illustrious Potentate
AG
Apparently the 3rd would have been a good sell date. CFO has left and the price is plummeting.

Still a long term hold?
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
my opinion is yes, and i'm not trying to decide what price to jump back in on
thirdcoast
AG
Hedge yourself and short you some SPOTify.
Ranger222
AG
see it coming back to $65 in the short term....$60 would be an incredible buy opportunity
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.