Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Travel Credit Card Thread

10,745 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by permabull
AggieT12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is true. Had a layover in Taiwan and tried 3 different lounges in a few hours.

For the food/drink tab I just used in Denver a few weeks ago. 1 pass and got $28 tab credit for myself and $28 for my guest.
Snipes
AG
I got the chase sapphire reserve last year with intention of using the 50k miles on an upcoming international trip. Booking the trip was a breeze using the online portal. Month out from my trip i wanted to make some changes and their phone support was the complete suck. They wanted to charge me an absorbent about of change fees even though i already had the airline in agreement to wave everything. All of the phone representatives went out of their way to be unhelpful as well. I ended up just dealing with the itinerary as it is. I just returned on said trip and had a minor medical emergency right before my return flight. Once again the airline was great and was going to work with me but i was blocked by the chase travel agency fees and change policies. I have since cut up this card and will be looking at other options. If you plan on booking with chase read their change policies very carefully and pray that you don't need to make any changes after the initial booking.
TombstoneTex
AG
Snipes said:

I got the chase sapphire reserve last year with intention of using the 50k miles on an upcoming international trip. Booking the trip was a breeze using the online portal. Month out from my trip i wanted to make some changes and their phone support was the complete suck. They wanted to charge me an absorbent about of change fees even though i already had the airline in agreement to wave everything. All of the phone representatives went out of their way to be unhelpful as well. I ended up just dealing with the itinerary as it is. I just returned on said trip and had a minor medical emergency right before my return flight. Once again the airline was great and was going to work with me but i was blocked by the chase travel agency fees and change policies. I have since cut up this card and will be looking at other options. If you plan on booking with chase read their change policies very carefully and pray that you don't need to make any changes after the initial booking.
Odd, I had the complete opposite experience with changing BUT it was within 48 hours of the initial booking.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Snipes said:

AMEX Platinum. If you like the Platinum, I will shamelessly plug my referral code!
permabull
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.