Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Solar Farms

994 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dc509
dc509
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is there anyone on the board that has any experience with solar farm leasing? I have property that is likely large enough to hold one, and I am beginning to consider ways to monetize it. I understand this is likely extremely complex, and I will be consulting attorneys and all of the pertinent parties before executing on something like that. I'm just starting at absolute zero in my knowledge of this, and this seemed like a decent place to inquire.

If anyone has any knowledge send me a PM por favor.
94chem
I don't know, but you will actually have a reason for yelling at clouds.
dc509
AG
That's part of the benefit.
Ag92NGranbury
AG
94chem said:

I don't know, but you will actually have a reason for yelling at clouds.
underrated post
beerag04
AG
There are many factors to determine if the site is even viable.The location is more important than the size of the property. Some of the things a developer would look it is:

Are you close to a substation with connection and transmission availability?
Is the solar resource high in the area?
I'm assuming you are in Texas, but if not, are there commercial opportunities for the power in the area?
If the property is less than 1000 acres are there other properties nearby that it could be paired with to create a larger facility?
ktownag08
AG
If your desire is to just lease your land to a developer, it isn't complex at all. There is a fairly standard lease agreement that gets put in place.

Poster above nailed it with regards to what a developer looks for though. If they're interested in your area based upon that high level criteria, you'd likely already know about it since you'd have gotten a knock on the door, etc.
dc509
AG
Correct
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.