Business & Investing
Sponsored by

What to do with extra cash?

1,320 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by HalifaxAg
drewbie08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Long story short, the wife and I (mid-30s, no kids) have about 12 months of living expenses in a savings account earning 1.85%. I want to pull half of this money out and earn much more than the 1.85%. Where should I go?

We also have a healthy amount of money in USAA ETFs that have severely under-performed their 1/5/10/inception RORs since I opened those 8 months ago. The idea of paying +~1% or so for someone to manage my money doesn't really sit well with me right now. I'm interested in RE, but know very little besides the basics. Any reading material suggestions?
Señor Chang
AG
Fidelity or Vanguard low cost index fund
The Wonderer
AG
drewbie08 said:

Long story short, the wife and I (mid-30s, no kids) have about 12 months of living expenses in a savings account earning 1.85%. I want to pull half of this money out and earn much more than the 1.85%. Where should I go?

We also have a healthy amount of money in USAA ETFs that have severely under-performed their 1/5/10/inception RORs since I opened those 8 months ago. The idea of paying +~1% or so for someone to manage my money doesn't really sit well with me right now. I'm interested in RE, but know very little besides the basics. Any reading material suggestions?
Because the market has stagnated the last 7 or so months and wiped most ETF YTD gains out after being bullish for 14 months. Basically, your timing wasn't the best (as everyone's is in most markets).
drewbie08
AG
Yeah, I'm fully aware of my bad timing.
2wealfth Man
AG
Second the low cost route.......Dan Weiner puts out an Independent Vanguard Adviser newsletter with several model portfolios. All utilize low cost Vanguard funds and are tracked monthly on their website. You will just need to re-balance periodically.
JSKolache
AG
put half or more in Robinhood Acct - buy ETFs or whatever you want
HalifaxAg
AG
Buy Canadian Pot Stocks! 30% bump on Canopy Growth today as they got a 2nd major investment...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.