Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Where to start with VCs?

1,541 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Dirt 05
aggiegriff09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy Ags,

First time poster in this forum, usually stick to the Premium Board. I started my own company in 2017, Wildcard Gaming, which has grown to become a highly successful esports organization (competitive video gaming), within a year.

In our industry, we're a world wide leader in a particular genre of games, Battle Royale (Fortnite, Playerunknown's Battlegrounds).

In order for us to sustain our growth, we've been looking into VC's, wondering if any of you have experience in this area. DM's or responses are appreciated.
TrueAgg13
AG
Hey AggieGriff. I work in esports and currently working with numerous VCs. If you want to chat, just give me a shout
tamc1956ag
S
Viet Cong?
Dr. Horrible
I still can't believe we live in a world where this is a thing, but more power to ya!
aggiegriff09
AG
Neither can I, but it's growing at over 200% per year for the last 3 years running. It's certainly a lot of fun to be involved with, that's for sure.
RAB83
AG
Be careful with VCs. Keep majority control for as long as you can.

Depending on the amount of money you want to raise, you might try an angel network first. A&M has one, but I don't know much about it.
Dirt 05
AG
I'd like to know why you want to look at VC's for funding vs. other avenues? It's typically very expensive capital.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.