Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Business phone service options

1,386 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Comeby!
FIDO95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I currently use AT&T for my business in San Antonio. I pay almost $300/m for 3 phone lines, 1 fax line, and internet (10 down, 1 up, ...yes, might as well be dial up). I'm out of contract with them and therefore looking at other options (such as Voip) before renewing to get a slightly better rate. I'm curious what others experience has been with other types of providers and what others are paying. Thanks in advance.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MAS444
AG
Damn...i just switched from Logix to Comcast. 4 lines + fax and internet for around 350, which is cheaper than Logix was. In Houston.

Edit...it's actually 425 for phones and internet. Seems high to me after seeing this thread and doing some research.
aggiejumper
AG
I use and really like Ring Central. 4 lines unlimited is $155/month. There's a guy on the boards here that I went through to setup the system. Phones were shipping to me ready to go. I also like that my cell phone can be a soft phone and mimic my office line.
tamcmsh
AG
Go with 8x8. Great product, service and price.
MAS444
AG
How much are you paying for 8x8? I think I can cancel my new Comcast within 30 days. Need to look into these other voip options. I've heard mixed reviews though...?
Copp
Ring central, grasshopper, 8x8 are all good voip systems. Ring central comes with Glip which is a pretty snazzy collaboration and task management software. Ring central also has video conferencing. I think some of the other options may be cheaper, but ring central I believe is one of the original voip companies. Their apps are strong and they are always updating the service
MAS444
AG
Who are yall using for internet and what's that cost?
jpd301
AG
tamcmsh said:

Go with 8x8. Great product, service and price.
I will echo this.

We use 8x8 across 5 offices in 3 states and have been very pleased. In some locations we have been with them > 5 years now.

In most offices we have "business cable" package from the local CATV provide - Comcast Sprectrum etc. Usually in the 50/5 or 50/10 bandwidth range for usually $130-175/month for the internet.

The phone service via 8x8 unlimited packages we use are about $20 a month per extension/user/number.

jpd301
AG
FIDO95 said:

I currently use AT&T for my business in San Antonio. I pay almost $300/m for 3 phone lines, 1 fax line, and internet (10 down, 1 up, ...yes, might as well be dial up). I'm out of contract with them and therefore looking at other options (such as Voip) before renewing to get a slightly better rate. I'm curious what others experience has been with other types of providers and what others are paying. Thanks in advance.
In San Antonio my internet is through AT&T's "business fiber" which I believe is an internal spinoff based on their residential Uverse product since it is not dedicated or symettric. I get 50/5 internet from AT&T and then my 3 lines + fax + conference calling and a bunch of other stuff from of 8x8 combined is less than $200 a month.
jpd301
AG
MAS444 said:

How much are you paying for 8x8? I think I can cancel my new Comcast within 30 days. Need to look into these other voip options. I've heard mixed reviews though...?
The one issue we have had was when our internet service had a high level of latency and jitter. We ended up switching ISPs in that instance after 8x8 and the original ISP couldn't get the jitter resolved.

If you have a good quality internet connection hosted VOIP will be fine. (Not necessarily high bandwidth - but good as in low latency etc.)
Copp
For those who chose 8x8. Why 8x8 over ring central?
jpd301
AG
Copp said:

For those who chose 8x8. Why 8x8 over ring central?

For us it was cost based at the time. I have not re-shopped.

I could see us moving to Microsoft in a few years as their integrated Office 365/Skype/Teams hosted PBX solutions further matures since we already have O365 for email etc.
aggiejumper
AG
For me Ringcentral has better features and intuitiveness. I really wanted something that allowed for easy interface and a quality soft phone. Price wasn't too big of a concern as I wanted the best functionality for me.

I use spectrum buisness at 200mb down and 50mb up for $110/month for internet.
Sling Blade
AG
I actually work with some partners and can get you some awesome pricing on internet and VoIP.

Ralex @ InnovateFast dot com
Copp
You went through somebody on the board to setup ring central? You didn't just go online and set it up?
tamcmsh
AG
8x8 has provided us good service with US based support that is easy to reach quickly and understand. We started with the service in one office and have expanded to 5. The set up was easy and per line is around $18 a month. They had a special when we first purchased and the polycom phones were less than $50 each. Also the conference call service is simple to set up and use as well as the IVR.
aggiejumper
AG
Yes, I can PM you their contact if you'd like. I was a startup and didn't know anything about phone systems so he walked me through it from the beginning.
DoubleM
Disclaimer: I'm a Managed IT Service Provider and Voip vendor. $24.50/user unlimited calling. Over 50 features included.
Comeby!
AG
Anyone have any experience with buying a toll free number? We need one for emergencies. Probably will link to a answering service.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.