Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Freight out of Houston

1,191 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Matsui
AnglerAg92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My company is having a hell of a time finding freight carriers to pick up in Houston currently. Other than driver shortage, is there any other reason this is occurring?

Any freight company reps on this board that have trucks available to move?
agdaddy04
AG
What kind of freight? What kind of difficulty are you having and what companies are you currently trying to use?
Unemployment at 3.8% is good and bad.
Matsui
AG
What type of trailers? Reefers? And going where? Full loads?
TennAg
Imbalanced lane. More shipping out than in.
AnglerAg92
AG
We use 53' dry vans to ship packaging materials to Oklahoma and Kansas. Weight is less than 20,000#.
Been doing this for 25 years and this is the first time I have ever seen the number of dropped loads we are seeing. We typically use CH Robinson or RTL Carriers, but have called 10-12 other carriers with little success.
leoj
AG
Unless there is a slowdown in the economy it's going to get worse, not better. At this point trucking utilization rates are around 99% from emails and articles I've been shown.
Ag92NGranbury
AG
We have a small shipping company where we typically deadhead back from Houston area to Dallas with flatbeds. Always looking for opportunities.
Matsui
AG
Our rates that we have been paying has increased 25-40% over this time last year. Due to new regulations and low unemployment there is a huge shortage of drivers. I'd suggest upping your freight allocation.

20,000 is only a 1/2 load. That's another issue now as well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.