Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Aggressively Paying Down Home Loan

4,767 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BombayAg
Aston 91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We paid off our house about 10 years ago. That feeling of being debt free lasted until the first property tax bill showed up. I didn't like the high property taxes when I had a mortgage, but I hate them even more now.
JSKolache
AG
Mortgage rate 3.9
6 mo returns in trump mkt 25%

I am paying minimum payments as lonvv as the stock market holds up.
BombayAg
There's another reason why I want to pay if off. My son is going to high school and soon he will be in college. After I pay off this home loan, I will be debt-free. I would like to enjoy that feeling and begin to collect money for his college and I prefer having as less debt as I can.

So as of yesterday I have paid off 95% of the loan. The rest I will pay off from my salary or through more stock sales.
FrioAg 00
AG
Congrats on the milestone and progress. That sort of cash flow position must feel pretty stress free by the sounds of it, and personal peace of mind is awesome
BombayAg
FrioAg 00 said:

Congrats on the milestone and progress. That sort of cash flow position must feel pretty stress free by the sounds of it, and personal peace of mind is awesome

Thanks FrioAg. Yes, it really is very liberating. I realized that I'd rather have just $100 in my pocket than have $200 in my pocket but with $100 in debt. I guess it's a personal preference, others may feel differently and they are not wrong but I think everyone should figure out what their choice is.

Now I'm waiting for a couple of my stocks to hit their 52 Week high and I sell and pay off the remaining debt and then I am free to move on to the next phase debt-free. Target: Sept 1, 2018.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.