Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Alternatives to HD Supply?

2,232 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Pahdz
nomad2007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We've been using HD Supply for some time, but they've been a bit too unreliable lately on delivery.

Does anyone use a different facility maintenance supplier that has a good online ordering system?
nonameag99
Grainger?

U-Line?
AggieStan
GRAYBAR
ANIXTER
WESCO
nomad2007
AG
I'll check those out. Grainger, U-line and Graybar look they carry the kinds of things we order on a regular basis.

Appreciate it.
nonameag99
If you go with Grainger, reach out to them to set up an account. You will get much better pricing if you have an account than if you are just a Joe Blow buying online with a CC.

We have an account with Grainger and the things that I have looked at buying from them I can usually find way cheaper online elsewhere if I can wait a few days for it to be delivered.

I am in Houston and U line ships out of Dallas. I get everything next day via UPS ground. I think they do same day delivery in Dallas.
TwoMarksHand
AG
The Reynolds Company for electrical and lighting
AgShaun00
AG
Grainger pricing is really high, but easy to do business. What exactly are you looking at?

Fastenal does pretty good. They can be expensive also.
nomad2007
AG
AgShaun00 said:

Grainger pricing is really high, but easy to do business. What exactly are you looking at?

Fastenal does pretty good. They can be expensive also.
Mostly janitorial supplies (toilet paper, paper towels, cleaning supplies; we also go through a TON of air filters) and office supplies but some electrical supplies as well.

I didn't realize there were so many of these supply companies. I gotta go through and price everything out to pick.
AnglerAg92
AG
If you're mainly buying janitorial supplies, you might check with companies like H & H Janitorial. They might have better pricing and service than the larger catalog sales companies.
AgShaun00
AG
MSc

I would look at Amazon business also.
agdaddy04
AG
We use Grainger "keep stock" program and generally save 30-40% off list prices.
AgBank
AG
agdaddy04 said:

We use Grainger "keep stock" program and generally save 30-40% off list prices.
Note that Granger owns Zoro. I have had pretty good luck buying from Zoro, but I shopped around first.
nonameag99
I like zoro as well

Didn't know grainger owned them
agdaddy04
AG
Zoro has a good online presence but they're far from the cheapest. I'm finding more and more of our customers buy from them until they see what kind of pricing we can get them
5C
AG
Anixter owns HD Supply now. Where are you located?
bigtoneag
AG
I believe Anixter only bought HD Supply's electrical distribution business.
A1_Ag_95
AG
https://www.ferguson.com/content/who-we-serve/facility-maintenance-managers

Pahdz
RoughRider said:

https://www.ferguson.com/content/who-we-serve/facility-maintenance-managers

Beat me to, biased because I work for them, but facilities maintenance is a huge deal for us now and our distribution center in McGregor (assuming you're in Texas) is huge.

I know the Texas head of the facilities maintenance business if youd like a contact.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.