Business & Investing
Sponsored by

AMD, Thoughts?

1,709 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Tumble Weed
Chickenhawk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm intrigued. INTC boss is worried amd will take a 15-20% chunk of their business data market share...

Intc flopped at computex with their prototype 28 core right before amd shows off 32 core threadripper 2...

AMD seems to be on the way up...but it wouldn't be the first time they've burned me.

You guys got any insight?
Tumble Weed
Bought some AMD in the 10 range earlier in the year. Sold out around 12. I bought it because of their P/E ratio at the time. They were getting beat up over BS news about crypto.

Researched their threadripper and infinity fabric tech while building a server. Couldn't even get a hold of the processors that I wanted due to the backlog.

If I bought some more AMD, it would not have anything to do with INTC or any drama over their CEO.

Agnzona
I almost bought some INTC today...
Tumble Weed
Tumble Weed said:

Bought some AMD in the 10 range earlier in the year. Sold out around 12. I bought it because of their P/E ratio at the time. They were getting beat up over BS news about crypto.

Researched their threadripper and infinity fabric tech while building a server. Couldn't even get a hold of the processors that I wanted due to the backlog.

If I bought some more AMD, it would not have anything to do with INTC or any drama over their CEO.

I would like to point out that of all the knuckle-headed trades that I have ever made ( outside of owning my own business), buying AMD at 10 and selling at 12 is the worst. Taught me an important lesson about taking profits too early.

I sold AMD again after this post, when it was still south of $20.

This is the one that haunts me.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.