Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Dividend - Passive growth

4,379 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by cretzloff
OlArmy01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone got any good companies to sink some money ($20k) into in order to generate some dividend growth (re-investment). I am currently maxing out my other retirement accounts etc.

Thanks,
Chris
clobby
AG
T
Whitetail
AG
GE

Just kidding.
gougler08
AG
RDSA when oil cycles down a bit
IrishTxAggie
AG
Harley Davidson
confucius_ag
AG
PFF- etf of preferred stocks. Pays dividend monthly so compounding is nice.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
So my answer to this really depends on your definition of a "good company" but here is my list of dividend payers with their current annualized dividend rate. These are all a bit riskier but my strategy has been to look for dividend payers who's share price has recently been hammered but that i think will make a comeback. so all but one of these i acquired significantly below the current price. i have ranked them in order of my opinion of least risk to most to the underlying share price

NYMT - 12.99%
CXW - 7.98%
GEO - 7.45%
NCMI - 7.27%
PER - 24.25%

and if you are interested in MLPs:

ETP - 11.6%
CCLP - 13.07%
NGL - 13.62%

and for mutual funds (this is dividends plus capital gains distributions for 2017)
FSELX - 15.1%
FSPTX - 8.9%
gougler08
AG
BlackGoldAg2011 said:

So my answer to this really depends on your definition of a "good company" but here is my list of dividend payers with their current annualized dividend rate. These are all a bit riskier but my strategy has been to look for dividend payers who's share price has recently been hammered but that i think will make a comeback. so all but one of these i acquired significantly below the current price. i have ranked them in order of my opinion of least risk to most to the underlying share price

NYMT - 12.99%
CXW - 7.98%
GEO - 7.45%
NCMI - 7.27%
PER - 24.25%

and if you are interested in MLPs:

ETP - 11.6%
CCLP - 13.07%
NGL - 13.62%

and for mutual funds (this is dividends plus capital gains distributions for 2017)
FSELX - 15.1%
FSPTX - 8.9%
FSELX has been great over the last year
CheladaAg
AG
FTRPR
third deck
AG
O - Realty Income Corp. ~5% div, paid monthly
LTC - LTC Properties ~ 6.5% div, paid monthly
STAG - STAG Industrials ~ 6% div, paid monthly

You wont become rich off of these plays, but you can sleep well at night and collect a monthly dividend check
OlArmy01
AG
Thank you all. Very informative. I'll start looking into them and report back.
apoglo12
AG
HCLP
fairviewcrew
I would not be buying HCLP... distribution is good now... but if Permian differentials/congestion slow completions for the next year they might have to cut their distribution in the second half of the year
DRE06
AG
Just remember, sustainability of the dividend and ability to grow the dividend is more important a to the current dividend yield. Any you see a stock with a current yield of >7-8%, you better do some more digging.
South Platte
I had a really good run with MO and PM at different points (cigarette stocks). Only got out for profit-taking, which was stupid on my part. PM was recommended to me by an older gentleman with 9-figure net worth as the most highest performing stock he had.
Dr. Doctor
AG
Sdiv

Global dividend etf
~egon
Diggity
AG
I've had SDIV for a while. I'm not sure why. It's terrible.
jja79
AG
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4163329-agnc-investment-11_6-percent-yielding-mortgage-reit-buy-right-now
smucket
AG
I like ADX for the purpose-
Been around since 1929
Distributions made up of income and long term cap gains (no return of cap usually)
8.8% trailing yield
Great management team
Good for DRIPing to build up shares with nice yield

https://www.morningstar.com/cefs/xnys/adx/quote.html
cretzloff
AG
clobby said:

T
Skeptical to get in on this with the massive merger going on.

Any other stocks/funds?
(removed:110205)
WTR
Bonfire1996
AG
PSEC
stroodles
AG
Has anyone looked into TRGP? They have a 7% dividend based on yesterdays closing price. They also have a new pipeline (Grand Prix) coming online in 2019 I believe.
EnviroAg96
AG
MORL if you really like to gamble

Edit: sorry missed that you want individual company recommendations so ignore.
aunuwyn08
AG
EnviroAg96 said:

MORL if you really like to gamble

Edit: sorry missed that you want individual company recommendations so ignore.
Oh yeah, that and NRZ have been cash machines for me.
SMG
AG
I am a big believer in dividend growth investing. I purchase solid companies that have paid increasing dividends over the years. KO, CVX, PG, PEP, CLX, ADP, LOW, JNJ, MO, PM, MCD, MMM, AWR, BNS, IBM, T, VZ, O, WBA, WMT, XOM, CL, AFL, KMB, etc. I diversify over the various sectors and purchase stocks with good valuations. The dividend growth then begins to compound. Been a great strategy for me personally.
cretzloff
AG
SeanG512 said:

I am a big believer in dividend growth investing. I purchase solid companies that have paid increasing dividends over the years. KO, CVX, PG, PEP, CLX, ADP, LOW, JNJ, MO, PM, MCD, MMM, AWR, BNS, IBM, T, VZ, O, WBA, WMT, XOM, CL, AFL, KMB, etc. I diversify over the various sectors and purchase stocks with good valuations. The dividend growth then begins to compound. Been a great strategy for me personally.
If you want to simplify this, VIG has most of these company stocks in their holdings. But this is a good strategy.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.