Business & Investing
Sponsored by

DocuSign IPO

3,947 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Ranger222
Dr. Venkman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Up 37%. Every real estate transaction I do is through them. Every realtor uses them. Has yet to turn a profit, but I can see all major contracts, even outside of real estate, going this way. No need to fedex contracts or visit a notary. Thinking about jumping in. Thoughts?

Symbol DOCU on Nasdaq.
jh0400
AG
Love the technology, but can't comment on the valuation. I haven't looked into them. The question I would have is whether they are cash flow positive or not. Stock-based comp can skew the GAAP results of tech companies.
The Wonderer
AG
A lot of transaction lawyers are moving towards them as well. Huge potential for them.
FriscoKid
AG
Almost always you should wait for the pullback on all IPO's IMO. By the time it hits the public you are already late and buying at a high.
Waltonloads08
AG
How do they make money?
Diggity
AG
A ton of agents use dotloop (owned by zillow which is slightly troubling) and zip forms, which is a free benefit from NAR.

I don't see much difference between the different services.
Premium
AG
Adobe has Echosign which is a direct competitor.
Hanrahan
AG
echosign is big in very large software deals.

personally I use dochub and love it. I use it all the time for just $7 a month. Totally worth it if you have to sign things on any kind of regular basis.
cjo03
AG
WaltonLoads08 said:

How do they make money?

usually a per signature fee.. other SaaS fees if you want to automate things through API's.
jh0400
AG
Users pay per year, and billing is done annually in advance of services provided. They were cash flow positive last year, and the big driver of that was deferred revenue. The subscription software model is a great model when done properly.

After a quick look, there's no way I'd think about getting in here. A double digit EV/Sales multiple is tough to swallow.
Diggity
AG
definitely not per signature
cjo03
AG
Diggity said:

definitely not per signature

maybe per document/package signed was a better way to say it?

or for commercial applications they do it by users and envelopes that vary in size based on how successful the companies procurement department is at negotiating.
Diggity
AG
We paid a flat monthly fee. Might vary by industry.
The Wonderer
AG
Some packages are "per click" because not a lot of signatures are needed.

Other volume packages are flat rate.
suburban cowboy
AG
I've used them since 2014.

I paid an annual subscription fee. I could see this really taking off.
jh0400
AG
I'll pull our contract to see now because I'm curious, but I'm pretty sure we pay per user based on the number of users that are able to load documents for signature.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them branch out into CLM as well. According to their website they are already in payments, so moving upstream in the document management process may make sense.
Dr. Venkman
AG
Broke $50.
pfo
AG
My guy bought it a few weeks ago.
YouBet
AG
We use Adobe Echosign at work. I used DocuSign with last mortgage. It was pretty slick. I was able to not read all of that paperwork even faster.

I haven't looked into it but I'm surprised Salesforce didn't just buy DocuSign outright.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
Anyone know why this shows up on some platforms (Robinhood & Think or Swim in my case) but not on TastyWorks? When I search for it on there, it doesn't seem to be listed.

I'm guessing it something simple I'm missing or not understanding....
Dr. Venkman
AG
FriscoKid said:

Almost always you should wait for the pullback on all IPO's IMO. By the time it hits the public you are already late and buying at a high.
$59.63

Up 105% since IPO.
clobby
AG
Nice drop today below trend line, but it is working its way back up.
pfo
AG
clobby said:

That was impressive! I seem to remember it down about 7% at one point and it clawed it's way back to close up on the day.
Ragoo
AG
pfo said:

clobby said:

That was impressive! I seem to remember it down about 7% at one point and it clawed it's way back to close up on the day.
this was an overall tech trend on the day though
59 South
AG
Big pull back today. Hell of a first couple of months to start out but it had to reset at some point. I'm looking for it to pull back under $50 and then I'm in big long.
Ranger222
AG

If people are interested in this name, this might be a decent place to start accumulating shares as it looks like the stock is trying to build a base around this $52 area. Potential downside risk to $45.5
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.