Business & Investing
Sponsored by

New Investor Here

1,832 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ValleyRatAg
ValleyRatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have retirement and education taken care of and I want to start investing a small amount that I completely control. I am thinking about signing up for the discounted ($99/yr) Motley Fool service and open a Robin Hood account with $2k to get started.

I don't have time to read and sort through thousands of pieces of free information and would like to have a service do most of that research while I learn. Is Motley Fool worth it? Is there a better similar type service that any of you know of?

Is Robin Hood a good platform to use to buy and sell? What are any that my be better and why?

What is some recommended reading to educate my self and get started?

Sorry for all the questions, and thank you for the responses. I'll hang up and listen.
ValleyRatAg
AG
Some additional info. This is Money I can blow on anything, I want to try and put it to work for me. I will be adding about $300 to it monthly as well. I am wanting to follow a buy and hold type method as I get started in this.
COAg15
AG
I'm fairly new to investing as well. I use both Robinhood and Fidelity and enjoy both. RH is great for experimenting and learning because no fees.

If you haven't already made an account, here's my referral code. We both get a free stock when you sign up!

http://share.robinhood.com/michaem4541

I also learn a ton from the posters on this board. They've helped me grow my knowledge on investing
TwoMarksHand
AG
http://jlcollinsnh.com/stock-series/
ValleyRatAg
AG
Thank you for the replies. Appreciate the link COAg, I'll use it to set up my account.
ValleyRatAg
AG
I set up my account using your link. Got a free share of Groupon. What did you get?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.