Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Family Estate Planning - Houston Lawyer for Will - Young Couple

1,144 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 62strat
GigemCO2008
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy,

Wife and I are expecting first in June.

Instead of using rocket lawyer or some other online fill in the blank, wanted to see what it might run to have a local lawyer setup.

Nothing special, Will, POA's, and Living Will.

Feel free to PM me or email, gigemco2008@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance.
IrishTxAggie
AG
PM The Wonderer
62strat
AG
Spend the little extra and get a (revocable living) trust in addition to naming POA/guardians/executors, etc.. There are many benefits of doing so; assets don't go through probate, it's not public record, etc..

Talk to your lawyer to know more of the differences and advantages. Really the only disadvantage is more cost upfront, but in the grand scheme of things, it's not that much money.

Casey TableTennis
AG
While a rev trust may be appropriate for OP, there are other considerations...

You no longer need a revocable trust to keep assets out of view from public record, in Texas. I believe there is a simple form that keeps the inventory private, but the attorneys here would know better than me. This changed 8-10 years ago.

Also, it is likely possible to set titling and bene on everything so that nothibg flows through probate. If so, this could be a more appropriate solution than a rev trust, and should be cheaper.
62strat
AG
These things were what I was told.. then again, I'm in CO, so I'll refer the OP to his attorney to ask these questions to get correct info.

Just making sure he's aware there are more options than just a will.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.