Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Current Best Credit Cards

5,476 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Clavell
FancyKetchup14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is this same as Amex black?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Centurion = Black

AMEX Black is the 'informal' name.
FancyKetchup14
AG
I see. Yeah I don't think I'll ever join that club
Clavell
AG
Just taking a look now as retiring later this year and will be doing much more traveling.

Hate to admit, but mostly use Discover (1% payback on everything, but 5% bonus payback on select items that change quarterly).

Looking for best travel card (airline, hotels)

IrishTxAggie
AG
Uber's credit card might be a good option.
Clavell
AG
Saw that on page 1. Uber Visa. Does it have an annual fee? Easy to use?
IrishTxAggie
AG
No annual fee. Easy to use. 1pt=$.01 and you can apply it to your bill or use it for gift cards and such. I just got it, but I also have SW cards and the AMEX Platinum.

The 5x on airfare is the main reason I have the AMEX (and the lounge accesses) but the downfall is that it doesn't offer a multiplier for hotels unless you book them through AMEX's hosting site and the prices are usually significantly higher.
Clavell
AG
https://www.magnifymoney.com/blog/credit-cards-2/uber-visa-card-review545701787/

Does look good.

May keep Discover to use on the 5% quarterly bonus items and the Uber Visa for everything else.

Have a Wells Fargo Visa, but not nearly as good.

The AAA Member Visa Card looks close, doesn't have that 4% for dining, but does have the 3% for cruise lines
The AAA Member Rewards Visa Signature has a three-tiered rewards offer. You can earn:
  • 3% cash back on qualifying AAA and travel purchases including major airlines, car rental agencies, hotels, cruise lines or travel agencies
  • 2% cash back on gas, groceries and drugstore purchases
  • 1% cash back on all other purchases

https://www.magnifymoney.com/blog/earning-cashback/aaa-member-rewards-visa-signature-bank-america/
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.