Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Any O&G/Mineral interest experts here?

1,137 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Ribeye-Rare
jja79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Much to my surprise I find myself the mineral owner of a very, very small tract in Midland County. I've been contacted and sent a lease by a company preparing to drill.

I'm completely clueless. Anyone here that might have a couple of minutes to discuss off the forum?

Thanks.
Cancelled
AG
I'm a board certified oil and gas lawyer, so I would consider myself knowledgeable on oil and gas law. I'm out of the office today so I can't get to my office email, but you could email me your contact info via my alternate email address. Queso1 at me dot com.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
See if there are any wells nearby ! go from there .
Ribeye-Rare
AG
'79,

O&G attorneys like queso are invaluable in supplying, for lack of a better term, a source of 'comps' for bonuses and royalty percentages in a particular area. Oftentimes, they know the players in an area and what the current bonuses and royalties are, simply because they've been negotiating leases with the same players.

You may wish to make a call or two in that regard.

Also, I would recommend you visit the Midland County Group on the Mineral Rights Forum.

Midland County O&G Forum

While I've always been very guarded discussing numbers in a public forum, you'd be surprised at what you can learn about current conditions and operators just by reading the posts.

You'll have to join the forum, but that's no big deal. I see there was activity as recently as this past Friday.

Good luck. Smaller tracts don't have much leverage in negotiations, but at least you'll know enough to make a fair deal.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.