Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Report: Cannabis $75B market by 2030

3,208 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by johnson2012
administrative errors
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thoughts? *Currently at ~$10B*

I don't know if they combined hemp/cbd in that but I'd imagine in the future they're going to do away with the differentiation method...
Regardless, $75B is a massive market that's essentially vacant of infrastructure..

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-04/cannabis-sales-forecast-suggests-it-may-surpass-soda-by-2030

How do you best take advantage of such a young industry?

I'm hoping my experiences with hemp gives me a leg up long term. Same circles.

We have an Aggie who owns a cannabis farm according to the Aggie Directory, and one of our legal professors always specialized in cannabis law...

I look forward to meeting more aggies wanting into the cannabis or hemp industries
Coming soon:
AE Ventures - sooner than soon
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Physical and mental exercises
*Addiction services

Step 3: property found

Step 4: set date

Step 5: plan agenda for participants, food, logistics etc, integration and counseling post-experience

Step 6: long-term planning

I am amped.
John Francis Donaghy
What do you do in hemp, if you don't mind me asking?

Heard tons about the untapped utility of hemp, particularly as a fibrous alternative to wood for paper production. Curious as to your thoughts on the matter.
administrative errors
I'm mostly involved with CBD from hemp, personally.

The applications are so varied, it's hard to not have excessively positive outlooks.

It'll ebb & flow like crypto until education catches up, imo
Coming soon:
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Addiction services

Step 5: plan agenda for participants, food, logistics etc, integration and counseling post-experience

I am amped.
oldarmy1
AG
"How do you best take advantage of such a young industry?"

You work hard and take advantage of people who can't handle life's challenges without mind altering drugs. Easiest advantage ever is a sober mind running circles around "high" competition.

Bet that wasn't the answer you were looking for...
administrative errors
No I expect lots of ignorant head up your own ass answers like yours actually.

Doesn't mean they're all going to get responded to like your comment.
Coming soon:
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Addiction services

I am amped.
oldarmy1
AG
administrative errors said:

No I expect lots of ignorant head up your own ass answers like yours actually.

Doesn't mean they're all going to get responded to like your comment.

Username checks out

You're quite welcome. Add one more easy win.
administrative errors
Check your amygdala, oldarmy1.

(Edit wall of text)
Coming soon:
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Addiction services

I am amped.
oldarmy1
AG
Good grief. Buy a couch.
administrative errors
And there's the flight. Ciao.
Coming soon:
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Addiction services

I am amped.
oldarmy1
AG

No, there's some wisdom. Ya see, all of your posturing boils down to $30B hopes - in short, money. Common sense dictates that would be one heckuva PTSD, anxiety disorder, etc. which, while many exists, many more are EFFECTS caused by over prescribing drugs. Granted some of the others are the effects of poor parenting and social development but, as usual, your ilk seeks to treat the symptoms instead of recognizing the causes - in the vast majority of cases. Certainly much less than a $30B price tage possibly represents.

Drug on! (p.s. thats comedy not fight nor flight. I read just a little more than you do - of that I can guarantee you)
administrative errors
Do share whatever you've read on the subject, I'm always open to learning something.
Coming soon:
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Addiction services

I am amped.
COAg15
AG

You're gonna make a ton of great connections here. I can feel it through my hippocampus
Pepper Brooks
AG
Y'all realize this is (one of) Wheels's new handle, right?
bmks270
AG
oldarmy1 said:

"How do you best take advantage of such a young industry?"

You work hard and take advantage of people who can't handle life's challenges without mind altering drugs. Easiest advantage ever is a sober mind running circles around "high" competition.

Bet that wasn't the answer you were looking for...

Sell shovels.

Edit: This just gave me another idea to ponder the next few days.

administrative errors
You've probably got 2 good years to make a name for your self "selling shovels."

It's an infrastructure-less industry, put in some infrastructure and carve out your niche, there should be thousands of million dollar small businesses to meet demand of this up & coming market.
Coming soon:
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Addiction services

I am amped.
dlp3719
AG
I worked at one time for a large paper manufacturer. R&D made some prototypes.

Hemp isn't the best fiber. The best fibers (like eucalyptus) are easy to make white, have good softness or strength properties and grow fast.

Trees for making boxes, paper products and copy paper grow as fast as we use them. It's a renewable resource. We are not at risk anytime soon of running out of trees.

I don't see the hemp fiber in paper happening.
administrative errors
Hard to say what hemp will do in the paper industry at this point. I've seen some pretty cool new tech coming out.

I don't know enough about paper though to tell how it may affect the industry. One of the biggest hurdles for inexpensive hemp paper are the facilities to process the hemp, but there's no demand yet... chicken/egg scenario.

I know they were considering converting a facility to a hemp processing plant in Nucla, Co via Paradox Farms (cbd hemp farm owned by state senator Don Coram).
Coming soon:
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Addiction services

I am amped.
johnson2012
AG
From last week:

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/fda-committee-recommends-first-cbd-oil-product-n867511
ac04
but how much have they read about it
administrative errors
johnson2012 said:

From last week:

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/fda-committee-recommends-first-cbd-oil-product-n867511
Some in the industry talk like GW is helping advance the "PHARMA ONLY" products to be approved... thinking they would use this to restrict/control/corrupt the market (best case for big pharma) for only the largest companies to compete.

Others think that once approved, GW is going to flood the market with cheap product lowering the thin margins a ton of the entrepreneurs are capable of producing, thinning the herd pretty emphatically.

I also think that PURE CBD isn't the best substance, but 1:1 cbd/thc or at least 1-3% THC + other cannabinoids result in the best performance in symptom reduction and positive effects.
Coming soon:
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Addiction services

I am amped.
johnson2012
AG
Canopy applying to move to the NYSE. I think that's a good step towards broader acceptance and will definitely increase brand awareness.

Downside: it'll legitimize the I told ya so even more when it all come burning down for the nay sayers.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.