Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Summer Intern Opportunitues Finance '19

1,578 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Hershey97
Hershey97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Baby Billy
AG
Sent email
HeightsAg
Here's some unsolicited advice - if you want people to take you seriously, get a grown up and professional email address that doesn't contain the year that you were born (or graduation year or birthday or any numbers for that matter).
b0ridi
HeightsAg said:

Here's some unsolicited advice - if you want people to take you seriously, get a grown up and professional email address that doesn't contain the year that you were born (or graduation year or birthday or any numbers for that matter).
And what should he do when name at gmail.com is already taken?
HeightsAg
There are multiple options. He can try first name and middle initial, first and middle initial, last name first followed by first name or initial, etc. And gmail.com isn't the only game in town. There is also @outlook among others.
Kurt Gowdy
AG
Quote:

Some people can find the smallest things to complain about.

OP - your email address is fine. If you fail to procure an internship, it will not be because of the two numerals at the end of your email address.

FFS.
IrishTxAggie
AG
HeightsAg said:

Josepi
AG
HeightsAg said:

There is nothing wrong with that e-mail address. If it were sexypanda@gmail or nick420@gmail that's another story. However, his name and class is perfectly fine.
Ridge14
HeightsAg said:

Trolling in the B&I section? We have a zoo for that.
HeightsAg
Say what you will but I'm not one doing an off campus search trying to break into a tough industry. Perhaps it won't matter but when I was an investment banking analyst at a bulge bracket, people would sit in the bullpen and routinely project resumes on the screen and crap on petty things like this. I know it sounds ridiculous but bankers (at least i-bankers) are dicks so there is no need to make it even harder than it needs to be.
Rebar
AG
OP - 99% of people wouldn't take the initiative to put this out there. People hiring for internships look for things that make candidates stand out from the masses.

This was a great idea. Feel free to PM me about a position as well.
Jrod05
AG
OP shoot me an email, my wife is a AVP of a large mortgage company specifically with thier secondary market I think they are still looking at interns

Jarrodd AT cedar park insurance.com
Aggiemike96
AG
All the noise about an email address, and no mention of the misspelling in the tread title.
khkman22
AG
Aggiemike96 said:

All the noise about an email address, and no mention of the misspelling in the tread title.
Misspellings all throughout the thread. Who cares about those?
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Josepi said:

HeightsAg said:

There is nothing wrong with that e-mail address. If it were sexypanda@gmail or nick420@gmail that's another story. However, his name and class is perfectly fine.
Pretty sure that is his birth year (making me realize I is olds - class of '99)
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
Mustang1
AG
My company just posted a summer position for the Finance team in Houston:

Hershey97
Mustang1 said:

My company just posted a summer position for the Finance team in Houston:

Thank you very much! Your help is greatly appreciated
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.