Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Banks In BCS.

958 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by HowdyAgs03
Mr.Bud.E.Weiser
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy Ags,
Blinn student and hopeful future Ag here.
I'd like to open a bank account up here and I figured TexAgs was as good a place as any to inquire which bank y'all would suggest. Thanks in advance and gig'em.
CS78
I like Wells Fargo for checking because they have so many branches in other parts of the country. If youd like to establish a relationship with a more local bank where you might want to get loans in the future, I like Prosperity for their number of locations and service. Aggieland credit union is another good option. Great loan rates from them on auto loans.
Ragoo
AG
I live in Houston and have since 2009. I still use commerce national bank on university dr.
Mr.Bud.E.Weiser
I appreciate the suggestions guys.
Whitetail
AG
Avoid Wells Fargo
fourth deck
AG
Whitetail said:

Avoid Wells Fargo
This can't be said enough. Same goes for Bank of America or any other "too big to fail" monstrosity. But how Wells Fargo continues to attract new customers is beyond me.
The Anchor
AG
We have been really happy with Chase. They don't have many branches in BCS, but it really doesn't matter since 95% of my banking is done on my phone. I will sometimes get cash at an ATM.
K_P
AG
Obviously no branch in BCS, but if you're eligible for USAA, they are awesome.

When my debit card was stolen they got money back into my account literally instantly (while I was on the phone with them) Same thing happened to a buddy and he had to wait like 3 days.

All banks are so similar these days. Best advice is just don't pay a dime in fees for a basic checking ac count. Not one dime.
JT05
AG
Aggieland Credit Union x10000000000000
HowdyAgs03
AG
Presley said:

Obviously no branch in BCS, but if you're eligible for USAA, they are awesome.

When my debit card was stolen they got money back into my account literally instantly (while I was on the phone with them) Same thing happened to a buddy and he had to wait like 3 days.

All banks are so similar these days. Best advice is just don't pay a dime in fees for a basic checking ac count. Not one dime.
+1
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.