Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Gold

950 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by pfo
FJB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What's the most efficient way to invest in gold? Not interested at buying it at Piercing Pagoda or some funny suggestions.
Who is John Galt?

Post removed:
by user
RightWingConspirator
AG
APMEX
RoseRichAg01
Physical or the Sprott Physical Gold Trust (PHYS).
pfo
AG
That depends on your goal.

1) Physical gold for the true long term believers can be bought and stored. One Troy oz ingots of American Eagles or Canadian Maple Leafs are popular.

2) As a trading vehicle and for ease, the most popular gold miner ETF is GDX for the big, profitable miners or GDXJ for the less or net yet profitable junior minors.

3) Shares in gold royalty companies like Royal can be bought on the stock exchange.

4) Shares in individual miners may be purchased on stock exchanges. Some would be AEM, GG, ABX etc..
FJB
AG
Thanks guys. I am still trying to nail down a strategy for my portfolio and this helps.
HustlerAggie
I would invest in an asteroid mining company.

There are several near asteroids that are theorized to contain lots of mineral resources. (gold, platinum, etc.) Several people have stated that the world's first trillionaire will come as a result of asteroid mining.
K_P
AG
How do the tax implications of a physical gold ETF weigh against the inefficiency of a futures based gold ETF which has to be fighting contango? I guess I could calculate myself
arb2win
In your teeth son.....
dlp3719
AG
HustlerAggie said:

There are several near asteroids that are theorized to contain lots of mineral resources. (gold, platinum, etc.) Several people have stated that the world's first trillionaire will come as a result of asteroid mining.

If someone gets to the asteroid, mines it and brings it all back, isn't the new found supply just going to crash prices so he is no longer a trillionaire?
HustlerAggie
dlp3719 said:

HustlerAggie said:

If someone gets to the asteroid, mines it and brings it all back, isn't the new found supply just going to crash prices so he is no longer a trillionaire?
Depends on which minerals are brought back, the length of time that it is brought back, and other factors.

I am sure that the companies that are contemplating doing it have worked out the economics to know that it is a profitable venture before embarking on the mission.
pfo
AG
HustlerAggie said:

Diamonds, emeralds, rubies and sapphires would be the way to go. Lots more $bang per pound.

Also if anyone is smart, brave and brilliant enough to do this then I hope they do become trillionairs.

pfo
AG
HustlerAggie said:

I believe something like this was already attempted by the crew of the commercial towing vehicle Nostromo. But the whole mission went to Hell when they found a creature that gestated inside a living human host and had acid for blood.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.