Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Chase Ink Business Preferred Credit Card - Self Employed

876 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by The Anchor
The Anchor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I do contract work that I use my SSN for. Would I be eligible for this card? I have attempted to apply, but the online application doesn't seem to be going through and it isn't providing me any errors to fix. I'm interested since they are running a 80,000 bonus points offer. I have the Chase Sapphire Reserve and the Southwest Rewards card. It's possible I have hit the 5/2 limit (I think that's the limit), but I haven't really kept track.
Petrino1
Yes you should qualify. I qualified for that card using my Social Security number as the EIN and claiming very minimal income. What qualifies as a "business" is very loose with these credit card companies. A lot of people game the system by just using their SS as EIN, claiming their entire W2 income as business income, despite never owning any kid of business.

The only way you might not get approved is if you have bad credit, or you have signed up for more than 5 Chase cards in 24 months. If their website is not letting you finish the application, then there might be a glitch in their system. You should try calling them and seeing if they can approve you over the phone.
The Anchor
AG
I tried again and it worked this time. I'm guessing their system was down last night.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.