Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Overheard a MLM pitch last night...

8,537 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Strategy
_lefraud_
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
queso1 said:

I want to know one thing. Does anyone know anyone that has actually made sustainable income through an MLM? I'm not talking about the people at the top. I'm talking about your ordinary Joe. I would say that every single person that I know that started one ended up with less money.
Have a close friend that got in on Le-Vel (Thrive) and receives monthly checks that range from $1,200 - $2,100. In the summer she works her tail off at it with video conferences, phone calls, events, etc. She has a regular full-time job also.

Not a M2M (necessarily) but another friend really did well with Weight Watchers, and became an ambassador and even made it into one of their commercials. She now receives monthly royalty checks for said commercial, but not sure how long those will last.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Ed Carter said:

While on this topic, I highly recommend the documentary "betting on zero" which is about a hedge fund manager that has taken a billion dollar short position against Herbalife because he's so convinced it's going to fail, because....wait for it....it's a pyramid scheme. Pretty fascinating documentary.

On the flip side though, generally people are pretty stupid so I'm sure Herbalife continues to grow
Though I do not like Herbalife or the crap they sell, Bill Ackman is a hack and lost over $500 million on the crap he was pulling with his short. Herbalife settled with the FTC and are still fully operational.
Strategy
AG
queso1 said:

RebelgentlemenE2 said:

queso1 said:

I want to know one thing. Does anyone know anyone that has actually made sustainable income through an MLM? I'm not talking about the people at the top. I'm talking about your ordinary Joe. I would say that every single person that I know that started one ended up with less money.

What can I do for you my good man?

Tell us your story.

I will be happy to. Wrapping up some marketing emails for a company I do consulting for...I will post this weekend.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.