Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Teledoc

9,784 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AgPrognosticator
Texaggie7nine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone else buy into TDOC?

I know it was more of a momentum buy but I just think that it is inevitably the future of GP healthcare and I don't see any other player that has as much potential.
7nine
The Wonderer
AG
Numerous articles have been written recently about telemedicine being the wave of the non-er, non-specialty future in Becker's and some nationwide association trade journals.
TwoMarksHand
AG
I get it free through my company insurance. It's hit or miss. Sometimes they get you exactly what you need, other times they tell me to go to the doc. Sometimes they are quick to call sometimes not.
bmks270
AG
My Company is signing up for 2018.... never heard of it before they gave us our 2018 benefits brief. So seems like it's growing.
aggiepaintrain
AG
I like teledoc, they do sign you up for cheap then based on company usage they jack your rates up a lot.
But as an end user it's a nice back up plan when you can't get in to see your doctor or it's something minor.

The Wonderer
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

I like teledoc, they do sign you up for cheap then based on company usage they jack your rates up a lot.
But as an end user it's a nice back up plan when you can't get in to see your doctor or it's something minor.

I hope it takes off for this reason. I've seen so many get upset because they take junior to a freestanding ER at 11p because the urgent care is closed and they just need some simple cough medicine and an antibiotic and then get mad when they get $2k in bills. Telemedicine could net them a 'script after a $15 phone call for the same thing.
gvine07
AG
I work for a school district and we switched from Teledoc (which I never used) to a similar company, MD Live, this year.

People liked Teledoc and today I used MD Live for the first time. It sure was a helluva lot easier than driving to my doctor or an urgent care to be told I have an Upper Respiratory Infection. The service was free for me even though I'm on a high deductible plan. I'm guessing the model has the potential to lower health care and insurance costs.

I don't know about the profitability, but I love the product.
Texaggie7nine
steady climbing.
7nine
Texaggie7nine
I'm loving this as a long. I think 100.00 is not too far away.
7nine
Pepper Brooks
AG
I have nothing to add on the viability of this company as an investment but I underwrite healthcare companies for a P&C insurance carrier and telemedicine is growing. The number of new companies looking for coverage has ticked up fairly dramatically over the last year or two. I wouldn't be surprised to see this turn into the preferred non-emergency acute care model down the road as more employers switch to high deductible plans.
85Photon
AG
I have a position in TDOC. I think they're a good company. Reminds me of Intuitive Surgical back in the beginning. They have a good niche, good management, and a bright future.

I plan to hold onto this one for many years.
Texaggie7nine
Good month
7nine
Texaggie7nine
up 250% so far and no reason to think it will slow down.
7nine
ddub96
AG
Just started following this thread and watching the stock. Familiar with concept and company has been using this type of service. Any comments on recent pullback?
Texaggie7nine
I'm not worried. All tech stocks have been hit. This is more of a market correction from what I can tell, but the trajectory is still great for Teledoc. Hell my Amazon stock is down $200 but I'm not worried.
7nine
ddub96
Texaggie7nine
So Q3 shows rising revenue and some other good signs, but this comes out from Seeking Alpha

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4217514-teladoc-3q18-call-leads-us-believe-something-wrong?dr=1

I was not aware of BetterHelp but apparently they have a controversy going on over at Youtube.

7nine
Texaggie7nine
Yall feelin it??
7nine
Vernada
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Yall feelin it??
I've got a sub $36 cost basis... naturally, I didn't buy nearly enough.
Texaggie7nine
Got in around $43 I believe. Sold off half when it spiked over $100 then jumped back in a day later.

7nine
Pepper Brooks
AG
I underwrite insurance products for a number of major health systems and all of them are expanding their telehealth operations. I'd expect a lot of the big health systems to keep these services in house, but the telehealth industry is currently undergoing explosive growth.

If treatment costs/medical inflation continue to rise(they will, barring govt intervention), expect this model to out pace PCPs for outpatient market share over the next 5-10 years.
Texaggie7nine
Anecdotally, several coworkers have started using Teledoc more because of the virus scare. They don't want to go into an office.

This makes sense, and I can see Teledoc continue to climb for this reason.
7nine
Texaggie7nine
Why thank you 45...
7nine
Texaggie7nine
Ok, even I am getting a bit concerned with this high of a jump in the past 2 weeks. I'm thinking I'm going to pull most of my money out and wait for this to correct and jump back in.
7nine
GigEm81
AG
Have owned a while. I did lighten some. It will trade counter to virus sentiment as many of the SAH stocks do.

Surely can't complain.
Texaggie7nine
So I pulled most of my money out around $175.

I'm thinking now might be the time to jump back in. Quarterly was meh, but I don't see it falling too much further than this any time soon.

Could be wrong.
7nine
GigEm81
AG
I do own it. Seems to be working out.
The Grinder (99)
AG
My wife quit her clinic job 3 years ago and started working with teledoc and md live then. For what it's worth, she feels md live is substantially better. Communication from top down and having someone in the company to contact with issues has her spending her time on md live and teledoc as back up if md live is slow at the moment.

I still work at a major healthcare institution and they are aware of what they're losing. They're are getting better at offering services that will compete.

For the consumer, the competition is good and will change how healthcare is delivered. Obviously this is playing out in fast forward right now as I converted my clinic Fromm 100% in person to 100% e-Visits literally overnight. Many wonder if things will ever be the same. I expect to be back in clinics this month, bUT I see a hybrid approach approach lasting indefinitely. This may further impact companies like teledoc.

Anyway, that's the side of it I see from the delivery side
Texaggie7nine
I think the fact that Teledoc is offered by so many more corporate and small business benefits packages will keep it far ahead of the game.

I'm glad I got back in
7nine
Texaggie7nine
So tempted to drop some for a correction, but I just don't know anymore. Only certainty is do not get out of this stock.
7nine
Texaggie7nine
Texaggie7nine
7nine
Texaggie7nine
Glad I bought more into it at the big dip.
7nine
Texaggie7nine
I think the market is being stupid right now. Now is as good a time as any to buy into Teledoc I think.
7nine
2wealfth Man
AG
Yep, just take the emotion out of today. This is a long term trend in healthcare. You may get AMWL at a little better entry price right now if you like this space.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.